Cumbre DX (Jihad DX) FAQ

This message is sent by "Chuck Rippel" <crippel@xxxxxxxx>
to hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

umbre DX  FAQ		Updated   Dec. 3, 1995

      Cumbre DX   "The Firstest with the Bestest"
      (Formally known as Jihad DX)

	Cumbre DX is an Shortwave weekly soft-copy only
SWL DX newsletter edited and distributed by:

Name              	E-Mail Address

Hans Johnson     		73042,3644 (CompuServe)
Ulis Fleming        		ulis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Chuck Rippel      		crippel@xxxxxxxx
Joe Buch            		buch@xxxxxxxx

Deadlines are 0200 Wednesdays and Cumbre is send VIA E-Mail
by 0400 the following Friday.  Contributors have timely, fresh
information as quickly as E-Mail will get it to them!

HOW IT WORKS
Cumbre is sent out FREE to those who have contributed to that
particular issue, ie. you will receive those issues that
you have contributed to.  There are no subscriptions to Cumbre
and it is not to be redistributed or reposted without permission.
It is only fair that everyone receiving Cumbre DX should have to
contribute to it.   If you know someone who you would like to
send a Cumbre DX to then let us know and we will gladly send
them the latest issue as a sample.

CUMBRE DX WANTS & WELCOMES YOUR LOGGINGS!

WHAT KIND OF LOGGINGS?
Cumbre DX primarly focuses on timely, uncommon and arduous
Shortwave DX and Clandestine Stations.  Please send ONLY
your  "best" loggings and/or hottest info.  Electronic
distribution of information can be volatile and is best suited to
those which have a TIME VALUE.  For other items, such as
schedules and non-DX type logs, we suggest that you support
your favorite printed publication by forwarding them this type
of information.   Due to space limitations, Cumbre does not cover
MW, LW and Pirate Stations normally.  Pirate loggings should
be sent to The Free Radio Weekly at:  piradio@xxxxxxxx
E-mail them for more info.

LOG FORMAT
When writing your loggings, please use the following format:

COUNTRY - FREQUENCY (kHz) - STATION - TIME (UTC)
-  PROGRAM DETAILS - YOUR NAME & DATE

Example:
COSTA RICA  4831.8  R. Reloj  0200  SS ID with national
and international nx by M anncr.  (Burns NOV 23)

Following this format it makes possible for the editors to use
your  material.  Logs  that are not in this format are usually the
first to be omitted or  cut.  Please keep loggings to kHz and DO
NOT use mHz.  Many DXers use frequency search features on
their word processors to check for past loggings.

Also let us know where you are.  Cumbre DX is a Global SWL
DX Bulletin.  We have contributors from every continent.

WHERE TO SEND YOUR LOGS
It is preferred that you send your loggings to the editor that is
doing the next issue.  If you do not know who is editing the
next  issue then send it to any of the editors.  Their address'
along with issue dates  are listed above.   CompuServe
contributors may send their loggings to Hans Johnson directly.
Please do not shotgun your loggings to every editor.

WHAT IF I HAVE NO LOGS THAT WEEK OR I DID NOT
HEAR ANYTHING WORTH REPORTING?
Then let us know.   Cumbre's contributors are valued and
appreciated.  You, the contributors,  are what makes Cumbre DX
"The Firstest with the Bestest."  Not everyone is SWL'er of the
week every week.

YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS, COMMENTS AND
SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME!

Chuck Rippel