Re: Ecos del Orinoco on 4905

This message is sent by Zacharias Liangas <zliangas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
to hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

I think  that I am the firrst hearing them
Heared them in in 7-1-96 in LItohoron with a SWL radio ( ICF7600D )

On 16 Jan 96 at 19:21, Marie A. Lamb wrote :

# This message is sent by "Marie A. Lamb" <malamb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
# to hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
#
#
#
# On Tue, 16 Jan 1996 MOHRMANNM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
#
# > This message is sent by MOHRMANNM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
# > to hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
# >
# >      Greetings from northern Vermont.This is my first posting to
# >      hard-core-dx. I haven't had a chance to go over recent listings
# >      so I'm assuming the following is a new station.
# >
# >      Heard on the last 2 local evenings:
# >
# > 4905.3   0233     VENEZUELA?    Ecos del Orinoco    (352 16Jan)
# >          Long stretches of LA mx, mostly ballads. ID's by female ann.
# >          in Sp. at 0255, 0331, 0355, 0414, 0430 and 0448 as "Ecos del
# >          Orinoco". Chad s/on at 0415 on 4904.5 produced het but not a
# >          real problem. Went all the way to 0457 when programming
# >          stopped. Carrier stayed on past 0510.
# >
# >      Also heard 15 Jan at end of programming with ID at 0458 and then
# >      just the carrier past 0500.
# >
# >      I presume that this is a new SW outlet for Ecos del Orinoco, 1150
# >      in Ciudad Bolivar, Venezuela. Anyone else hear this one?
# >
# >      -73's-
# >
# >      Mark Mohrmann  Coventry, Vt.
# >      Sony ICF-2010 w/ homebrew preamp.
# >      1000 ft. longwire at 75 degrees.
# >
# Yes, other people have.  I haven't had a chance to try for it, but it's been
# heard by Dave Valko in PA, Ulis and Carmelita Fleming in MD, Tony Jones
# (head monitor of Passport to World Band Radio) in Paraguay, and I believe
# someone in Sweden as well.  It was mentioned over the weekend on DX Party
# Line.  Considering the prominence of the other people who heard it,
# you're in good company!
#
# 73--
# Marie Lamb
# Host and Producer, "DXing with Cumbre"
# malamb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
# --
# Redistribution of the material is not allowed without permission of
# original poster or Kotanet Communications Ltd. Contributions to the
# list are very welcome to hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
# For more information about hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx email to
# owner-hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
# --