Bombay? No longer!

This message is sent by kuhl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Harald Kuhl)
to hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

Hi Gang!

Believe it or not, but according to The Economist, the government of the
Indian state of Maharashta just changed the name of the city of BOMBAY to
MUMBAI. This change already has been officially accepted by the Indian
government. It is very likely that All India Radio Bombay now identifies as
All India Radio Mumbai. Just in case you hear that new announcement and
wonder what´s happening.

By the way: RRI Merauke on 3905.0 kHz comes in not too bad here these days
around 2000 UTC with local Id just before 2000 UTC, then into Jakarta Nx,
followed by another local Id at 2008 UTC and local programming. USB is best.

I hear Radio Rebelde on 5025.0 kHz no longer in USB, but in full AM now.

A couple of days ago, the German distributor of WINRADIO sent me a sample
for reviewing. This is a PC based shortwave-scanner-radio coming from OZ
land, running under MS WINDOWS. However, this seems to be not for the
dedicated DXer. But they are planing to develop a professional version that
seems to be more interesting. Watch this space for further info.

vy 73
Harald

PS: Distribution welcomed, name the source.

--
owner-hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx