Re: WJDM now IDing as Radio Y

This message is sent by sndgaard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
to hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

On Tue, 20 Feb 1996, Martin Elbe, DD9MW@xxxxxxx wrote:

>Here is an update of my earlier message on WJDM. I checked the tape and heard
>several IDs as "Radio Y" (maybe standing for Youth?). No commercials heard,
>but some Public Services Announcements. After the story with the rabbit they
>changed to Rock and Pop-mx.

You probably heard them ID'ing as "Radio Aahs"...

Children's Broadcasting Corp. purchased in january WJDM(AM) Elizabeth, N.J.,
from owner John Quinn with intention of broadcasting its 24-hour "Radio Aahs"
children's format on the expanded-band AM station.

The purchase price for WJDM, was $11.5 million, according to a CBC official.
CBC plans to fund the purchase in part with proceeds form the public sale
of 5 million shares of common stock the company will offer later this year.

According to an announcement on WJDM-1660 on January 31, the station told
they would be carrying the Radio Aahs children's network 24 hours beginning
the following day (February 1) at 0900 EST (1400 UTC).

Jens Sondergaard, Randers, Denmark.

* e-mail to: sndgaard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
* Member of DSWCI - the Danish Shortwave Clubs International
* Receivers used: Collins 51J-4 and JRC NRD-72.
--
owner-hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx