Re: Turk/Cypriot logs

This message is sent by kuhl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Harald Kuhl)
to hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

>This message is sent by DanDan2@xxxxxxx
>to hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
>
>Could you determine if R. Bayrak in N. Cyprus is still on SW? The WRTVH
>indicates they are on 6150 kHz.   Also, Is Istanbul Polys Radio still on the
>air?  I have heard the one from Ankara, but not from Istanbul.

A friend of mine visited R. Bayrak last year. They are not active on
shortwave these days. But the transmitter still is there and the director
told him, they are planning to return to their 49m channel when a technical
problem has been fixed. But nobody knows when that will be...

Istanbul Polys Radio is not on the air on sw as well. Not long ago, there
was one report about their activity on a sw channel that seemingly
duplicated itself again and again without having been checked by the people
who duplicated it :-)

--
owner-hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx