Re: 1680 kHz

This is a message from "Robert M. Bratcher Jr." <bratcher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

At 10:40 PM 11/30/96 +0000, you wrote:

>Many thanks to all those who replied to my query of the 1680 Spanish
>station I was hearing a few weeks back.
>
>Full marks to Paul Ormandy for the detective work. It seems 1420 XEXX
>SUPER XX in Tijuana has been putting out a harmonic on here for years.
>
>Thanks Paul...
>
>Still a pretty good catch from here in Australia.
>
>Cheers
>
>Dave

1680? The 2nd harmonic of 1420 is 2840! Must have been a typo.
Forgive me but I don't see how 1680 is a possible frequency unless thay
simulcast on it. Perhaps the fundemental is 710 khz, they radiate 1420 as
the main signal then 2840 would be the harmonic being radiated. I'm in
Texas so I'll tune 1680 and 2840 tonight and find out for myself.

73's all and good DX!

Robert M. Bratcher Jr.
E-mail to:
bratcher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Record collector, 8mm, super 8, 16 and 35mm Film collector.
I like old radio's too.
Collins, Hallicrafters, National & Hammurland are my Favorites!