Re: anybody else hearing long haul TA signals?

Re: anybody else hearing long haul TA signals?

This is a message from "Stig Hartvig Nielsen" <hartvig@xxxxxxxxxxx>

----------

> << west-coast. Also fine conditions to the other parts of NAm on
December 7th
>  and 8th with a few new stations never heard in Denmark before, like
WWL,
>  New Orleans on 870.
>
>  Best of 73's
>
>  Stig Hartvig Nielsen >>
>

> In January this year I was on a DX-pedition in Hune near Blokhus, N.
Jutland,
> together with Finn Krone, Karel Honzik and Joachim Stiller. WWL was a
daily
> catch up there! Sometimes they came in like a local station. Sorry, but
you
> didn't heard a first-from-Denmark!
>
> 73's
> Martin

A listing of what was heard by a group of foreign DX'ers and FK in Hune in
January this year appeared in SWN no. 3 1996 page 22. In this list WWL did
NOT appear. So its rather awkward you now claim to have heard the
station.
But congrats if you did. Why not travel to northern Scandinavia instead -
then you can hear even more. When your're in Northern Finland you're
almost there.
I am - however - not too interested in what is being heard on these
DXpeditions. It's really no big deal. If you want to hear Cuba on medium
wave go to Jamaica. Fair enough. I'd love to go to Cuba and listen to the
radio there - but don't call it DXing - and by all means do not send
reception reports to the stations you're hearing.
To "DX" is to listen to distant radiostations from your home. To "DX" is -
to the best of my opinion - not to travel more or less close to a given
station and then listen to it. So if you want to hear WWL or other trans
atlantic stations why not try to catch them in Germany.

Stig Hartvig Nielsen