WROA 1390 kHz

This is a message from DD9MW@xxxxxxx

Martin Elbe
Wolfsburg, Germany

Hello,

a short update on the recent discussion on a station with a WR.. call on
1390. This morning from 0635 till after 0700 UTC I've heard WROA on 1390,
giving a 100% clear ID at 0648 UTC.

This station is heard regulary at the moment in the UK, for 30 years it was
inaudible there. To my knowledge WROA was never heard before here in Germany.
Does anybody know, if they have increased power, changed antenna pattern or
something like that? Or is it just the sunspot-minimum allowing this
ultra-rarissima to come through?
Anyway, I was very pleased with my Xmas present! :-)

7030's
Martin