Rocco's 1222 stn

This is a message from jburnell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Jean Burnell)

Rocco,

   The station you heard on 1222 kHz from the Carary Islands was likely
Zinguinchor, Senegal. I've noted this station a few times usually around
1222.4 kHz, but it's interesting that we did not hear it during the last
Newfoundland DXpedition.
   Did you happen to notice if Guinea Bissau was audible on 1034 kHz? I
wonder if it has been on the air for the past 5 or 6 years when I have
tried quite frequently to hear it. I cannot remember Guinea-Bissau being
logged on MW (at least in North America) since the mid-1980's when I'm
pretty sure Kazaross logged it from Maine.

Best wishes,

Jean Burnell, St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada   jburnell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx