Re: Is it my radio, or what???????

This is a message from mvarnhem@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (m. van arnhem)

>This is a message from lawendel@xxxxxxxxxxx
>

>> in Northern Wisconsin.I
>>have WWV tuned in,on 5000khz,but IT'S not hardly
>>audible!!!!!!!!!!2500Khz is booming in,10000khz nothing.........what
>>gives?When stuff like this happens I wonder whats going on.
>
>well, I don't know Tom, what about "propagation"? Last day, the 11th, Dario
>Monferini reported a HUGE low band opening around 0500 UTC, just before
>he'd to get out for work. Mississipi on 1390 kHz was one of his catches. He
>tells me the A Index was going high. That borderline situation usually
>means that 60 meters (or othe bands) can experience a sort of wipe out,
>while MW could offer interesting South-North patterns.

On the 11th of february I had excellent 90 meterband conditions towards
Guatemala (01.30-02.15 UTC).
Stations like LV de Nahuala (3360), R Tezulutlan (3370) , R Chortis (3380),
R Maya de Barillas (3324,8) all were audible here in the Netherlands. I can
tell you there must have been special propagationconditions because these
stations are certainly not a daily catch here!!

I found the following info about the geomagnetic field:
JOINT USAF/NOAA REPORT OF SOLAR AND GEOPHYSICAL ACTIVITY
IIA.  GEOPHYSICAL ACTIVITY SUMMARY FROM 10/2100Z TO 11/2100Z:
THE GEOMAGNETIC FIELD WAS PREDOMINANTLY UNSETTLED TO ACTIVE. PERIODS
OF ISOLATED MINOR STORM LEVELS WERE OBSERVED AT SOME HIGH LATITUDE
SITES. ENERGETIC ELECTRON FLUXES AT GEOSYNCHRONOUS ORBIT WERE AT
HIGH TO ALMOST VERY HIGH LEVELS FOR MOST OF THE PERIOD.

73,
Max van Arnhem
the Netherlands