Re: E-mail addresses

This is a message from paulorm@xxxxxxxx (Paul Ormandy)

>This is a message from M Clinton <mclinton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

>For whats its worth,I have noticed that the larger stations tend to pull
>the switch from day/night patterns in increments of 15 minutes,like
>5:15,5:30,5:45,6:00,and so on....I mean I listen to say,WCCO,OR KSTP
>here in the twin cities area,and you can sorta hear when the switch is
>pulled,a slight delay and,if its a night pattern,say KSTP 1500khz,I can
>hardly pick them up 30 miles west of the Twin Cities,yet they routinely
>get calls from Montana,Cananda,Nebraska,on their nite call in shows.This
>is by the way on a car radio antenna!!!But it is noticed when the
>pattern switches.I also noted this habbit when I lived in Milwaukee,they
>tended to do it in 15 minute increments,depending on the time of year of
>course........for what its worth.....Tom Messer

This almost fits in with the FCC switch-over times that Al Merriman kindly
sent. I note that there isn't a Gray-Line enhancement between here and E Coast
USA at your sunrise though we do get signals from the E Coast peaking late in
our evening when sunrise occurs. On some freqs you can get different stations
coming up as sun-rise moves across the US. Same thing for South America. Real
interesting when a regular W Coaster like KNBR 680 is bumped off by WPTR!

73s Paul