Re: pre-selector & AR 7030

This is a message from "Martin Elbe" <elbe@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Piet!

> Hi,
> Question time again: I would like to know if one needs a pre-selector
with
> the AR 7030.

No, definitely not. I'm using a 7030, and never experienced a situation
where I wished to have a Preselector. The IP3 of the 7030 is one of the
best of all hobby or semi-professional receivers. When the Lowe preselector
came on the market I had the opportunity to test it with my NRD 525. I had
more knobs to tune, but couldn't find a noticeable improvement of
reception. With the 7030 the effect would be even less. And the Lowe
preselector is a very fine preselector!

7030's
Martin