THE KIWI RADIO WEEKLY - VOLUME THREE # 2

THE KIWI RADIO WEEKLY - VOLUME THREE # 2

This is a message from anderson sj <kiwisagb@xxxxxxxxxx>

~~~~~~~*THE KIWI RADIO WEEKLY*~~~~~~~

Phone: ++64-6-835-9186                P O Box 3103
Fax  :   ++64-6-835-4186              Onekawa
email:   kiwisagb@xxxxxxxxxx          Napier
                                      New Zealand
Editor : Graham J Barclay

WWW page site for THE KIWI RADIO STORY 1977 - 1996
                http://www-pp.hogia.net/jonny/fr/kiwi.html

This page is kindly sponsored by : SRS NEWS - Sweden
               http://www-pp.hogia.net/jonny/links.html
or	   http://www-pp.hogia.net/jonny/index.html
for other info etc on SRS-News - Sweden.

		VOLUME THREE - NUMBER TWO

March 16th 1997 (NZST)

Hi there Everyone

Daylight Saving "finished " here at 2am this morning NZDT  time, and we
are now back to being 12 hours ahead of GMT/UTC time, instead of 13
hours.So yes were are now on STANDARD time again.

		************************************

KIWI Radio did a special quickly planned broadcast earlier today UTC
time, on 7475v khz USB from 10.47 to 12.58 utc with KIWI Programmes, and
Radio Sue giving us a hand.
This test was to Asia and the West coast of North America, so we will
now have to wait to see if  it was successfull in being heard.

		************************************

The line up for next Sundays broadcast from 07.15 UTC on 7475v khz USB
is:
KIWI Radio and relays from:
				KFM - UK
				C/- P O Box 3103
				Onekawa
				Napier
				New Zealand
(this is his first show !!)

Also we have two other relays, that are surprizes. SO you have to tune
in to find out who they are.
(seriously - we are expecting their programme tapes this week, and we
will advise by extra mailout when they get here, who they are.)

		**************************************

>From Radio Free London ShortWave comes >

Here's the lineup for this weekend.

RADIO FREE LONDON
3945 and 6400 in parallel

Andy walker: (shock Radio from the Mouth of the South)
Terry Phillips: (Listeners letters and phone calls)
Adrian Cooke: (Taking a look at the best radio sites on the web)
Jodie : (The latest Rock albums)

We will hopefully be testing on 5806 khz (approx) throughout Saturday
from 13.00 utc and Sunday Non-stop

Snailmail to:
RFL, Box 99, First Floor Suite, 253 Selhurst Road, London SE25 6XT,
England.
Email:
RFLSW@xxxxxxx
Tel:
0378-355-174 ( only when we are on air)<<<

(they are on NOW - so tune in NOW!! - ed)

		***********************************

>>The South American Free Radio Station "RADIO COCHIGUAZ"
will probably be on air Saturday the 15th of March  UTC ( today ) from
23.00 UTC for some hours on 6925 khz.

Keep an air open for this station.<<

(KIWI Radio hopes to relay them soon from New Zealand - ed)

		**********************************

The FREE RADIO NETWORK operating out of the United States of America has
advised us that they have a "NEW"  www internet URL address.
PLEASE use URL:  http://www.frn.net

		**********************************

Also in APRIL the A.C.E free Radio Publication will move to a "NEW"
website at URL:	 www.frn.net/ace
(perhaps that should read URL:>  http://www.frn.net/ace < - ed)

NOTE: This is as of APRIL - thanks.

		**********************************

We have been advised that Allan Weiner's New Book
"ACCESS TO THE AIRWAVES:MY FIGHT FOR FREE RADIO"
By Allan H.Weiner ( as told to Anita Louise McCormick)

is nearly ready, and the release date is not to far away.
Good on you Allan.

		*********************************

Our WWW page site at CapeCanaveral/9885 will be repaired and downloaded
correctly so that the Mailto contacts will be active.
Also we are going to "loose" some of the flashing bit's - not all.
So by about Wednesday UTC, we should be right.
The URL for this site is:
	http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/9885/

This Will be active after Wednesday.
You can view a "saved-only" copy now at URL:
	http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/9885/k3a.html

		*********************************
Are there any other "FREE" sites around ?? , if so Where ??

		*********************************

Talking of sites, I recently went walk-about at the SRS site at URL:
	http://www-pp.hogia.net/jonny/links.html
and	http://www-pp.hogia.net/jonny/index.html

and was very impressed by the excellent work in this page.
It has some Very impressive material and is highly recommended surfing
by KIWI Radio. You can spend hours looking through this site - and you
get more interested. TRY IT TODAY.

		*********************************

Another site located, that I tryed out recently and enjoyed was the FRN
- The Free Radio Network Chat Page.
It was extremly easy to access, and was Quick at updating material.
Only gripe was that not many people were on at the times I logged on,
perhaps I was on at the wrong time of the day - oh well you can't win
all the time.

Overall comment: EXCELLENT,  5 out of 5 .

The URL for this link is:
	http://www.clandjop.com/grapevine/chat2/chat.html

		************************************

Well that's it for this week, a smaller edition than usual.

See you next week, and thanks for reading.

Oh yes, If you want any "Back-Issues" downloaded, please ask - telling
us what issues you want, and we will gladly download them to you.
Back Issues are: Volume One, #'s 1, 2, 3, 4
		   Volume Two, #'s 1, 2, 3, 4
		   Volume Three, # 1.

Email your request to:  kiwisagb@xxxxxxxxxxx

There is NO-Charge for this service.

Just in off the Email -

Hello Everyone,

Just to let you know that Radio Free London is
now testing on 5.805kHz. This transmission will last
until tomorrow evening, so it gives everyone a chance
to listen in.

Don't forget our regular service is also on the air this
weekend on 3945 and 6400. <<

73's

Graham J Barclay
KIWI RADIO - NEW ZEALAND