Re: YLE 558 kHz

This is a message from "Sonny M. Ashimori" <sonny@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hakan Sundman <lhs@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>According to an announcement by YLE the Helsinki transmitter on 558 kHz is
>now off and will resume broadcasting on Sunday 23 March 1997. This is due to
>the Helsinki Summit, it was disturbing  international summit communications
>said the spokesman. We DX-ers think the pause will open up possibilities of
>international communications!

Hello!

Cool. Way to go, YLE! My local JOCR "AM Kobe" on 558 kHz (20 kW, only 30 km
from here) dominates that channel, but the few times they actually leave
the frequency about 2-5 a.m. Mondays I enjoy my favorite DZXL from Manila
(3000 km away), which is really amazingly loud and stable. Too bad most of
the time they just sign off but never shut the TX down. Sorry this is no DX
news, just my whining.

Sonny

Sonny M. Ashimori
<mailto: sonny@xxxxxxxxxxx>