special logs and a QSL

This is a message from "Zacharias Liangas" <zliangas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Most logs made with SONY radio , on 18 -3 with Philips  radio

Egupt  9295 R Cairo at 1505  with news in Arabic  , by OM  YL
then ID at 1510 with "idaatu l arabiya min hasemiya min ......(not clear here )
 " At 1515 with Quran then at 1530  with telephonic reports after a  song play
at half hour . News again at 1605  with ID at 1610 ( again not clear ) //10265
Suffered  from a signal problem and bad modulation. I can presume  it is a
spurious signal . ID verified on 18 following another  reception of Cairo's
transmission  on 31mb  Both good signals Liangas Mar 15 Greece

INDIA 4930 AIR Shimla with news in English at 1530 At 1555  with special  report
on Kashmir . Fair Liangas Mar 15 Greece

CHINA 9080 CPBS 1  with classic music at 1630 Very good signal Liangas Mar 15
Greece

V of Oromo Liberation  9930 YL  in unknown language at 1646 with refs. to
bombing in Tehran , Cuba  and Ethiopia After 1648  continuous refs. to Oromo .
Closeout  with reference to Oromo at 1658  Liangas Mar 15 Greece (thanks to DX W
55 b for  the ID )

unIDed 7095  with highly turkic songs at 1700 . with a reference   by to man
Alma Ata at 1710 then man speaking continuously till my tune out (?=stopped
listening ) Poor signal 23232 that faded down on 1720   ON 18 with Somali -
Azeri matters then gone into azeri music (Liangas Mar 15 & 18 Greece ) I wonder
if it is  R F Azerbaycan or R Azerbaycan

African site? 5030 Family Radio in Arabic with hymn of  the Family  Network at
0015 Then ID by man as 'huna idaatu al rezhra' 34323  Liangas Mar 16 Greece

Spy station 6960 : `4 voce zebia "  sent many times as  header at 1730  then
numbers in 3+ 2 format Liangas Mar 18 Greece

Tajik Radio f/up :
Tadjik R 5800 /5750  ID  at 1800 wuth "Injo Duhambe"  then news  read by OM/YL
till 1830 folk songs  and  at 1845 with again ID  and program sked  and close
program at 1858  with natl anthem Signal 44333 for 5800 and 2xxx2 for5750 (tune in only
) This comes as a verification ( by ID )  for my previous log  of 6 -3  thanks
to Van delft los in DX W

Letter  received :
RFAsia  . Yesterday 18 , I received a letter  from RFA as response for two
letters  of 9 -10  (chinese 6240 ) and 11 -12 (7550 tibetan ) Below  Is the
whole  response  as received : ( notice  any errors  occurred due to  bid
recognition of OCR ) -- - - - - -

Dear Zacharias:

    Thank you for your 2 letters and please accept our apnlogies for the delay
    of this
confirrr ation ot your Reception Report. Monitorin.g of our bruadcasts is
important for the technial information we receive as well as information  abt
our audience >additionaly the the stories ot our listeners augment the human
dimension ot our transmissions, putting " "fAce" "o tl e end of the short wave.

    As background, you should know that authorization  for creation of RadAo
    Free Asia
(RFA) came from the U.S. Congress Ao  the International  Breadcasting Act of
1994. RFA obtains "11 its funding from the U.S. government and is supervised by
the Broadcasting Board of Governors, " politically bi-partisan body appointed by
the Presodent, which oversees "11 rrr- military international broadcasts of the
U.S. Goveonment. RFA is " surrogate broadcast network based r the model of Radio
Free Europe Radio Liberty. Both of these services are recognized as having
spread information about democracy and capitalism, making  significant
contributions to the end of thc Cold War.

      RFA s mandate is to broadcast to China, Burma, Cambodia, Laos,North Corea
      Tibet
and Vietnam.  11 programs will be in the language of the receiving country.
English will be spoken only when appropriate (i.e., interiews, programming
announcements, etc.). The purpose of RFA is to provide accurate and timely
information, news, and commentary about events in these countries, and be "
forum for " variety of opinions and voices from within Asian nations whose
people lack adequate sources .f information. The idea is t. promote the right of
freedom of opinion and expression including  the freedom to seek receive and
impart information and ideas through any media regardless of forntiers
                                 .
ideas through any media regardless of frontiers.
     RFA is not "r official voice of the Ac.S. government, and as specified in
     its enabling
legislation, it at r time broadcasts propaganda. yr preparing and broadcasting
its programming, RFA follows the strictest standards of objectivity, fairness
and quality, avoiding polemics, vituperation and attacks r any people,
government or nations. At "1y times RFA strives to provAde interesting programs
designed to appeal to the people of the receAving countries. Little world news
is provided since that is done by other sources, including the Voice of America.
Inevitably some international news is disseminated, but mostly this is
information of direct interest to the designated nations. The concentration of
our broadcasts is  Asian domestic news and activities. Each language service is
and will be distinctive unto itself, reflecting as much as possible the
particular culture and customary preferences of the populace. R.FA's staff will
consist overwhelmingly of native speakers of the language broadcast.

     Radio Free Asia's headquarters is in Washington, D.C., and all broadcasts
     origAnate here.
incorporating reports trom correspondents and participants throughout Asia.
There will  be permanent news bureaus in several asian cities, and individual
reporters situated in many other key locations. Transmission of the broadcasts
will  be primarily short wave radio signals beamed from U.S. ground stations to
satellites, then down to transmitters in Asia for relay to the designated
program recipients.

  Radio Free Asia had its very first broadcast r September 29,19E6 in the
  Mandarin
language, and the broadcast lasted one-half hour. The news was updated, and the
broadcast was replayed. Sixteen hours later the news was again updated, and the
original half hour was Mandarin will last five and one-half hours " day. The
frequencies of the transmission of Mandarin are:

1500 UTC			2300 UTC

9455 kHz  			13800 kHz
.7530 kHz			7530 kHz
7495 kHz			7495 kHz
6240 k!iz			6240 k!iz

On  December 1, y96, the Tibetan Service e had its premier broadcast, repeating
the pattern of the Mandarin Service, at 2300 LTTC and y 30.0 lUTC. The Burmese
and Vietnamese services commenced  February 4th and 6th  respectively, with half
hour programs :repeated along with updated news - Burmese at 0l30 UTC and y500
UTC and Vietnamese at y400 UTC and 0130 LTTC. pesetar March 3rd the Korean Service
has its premier broadcasts at 1530 UTC and 2200 UTC. By April y997. Radio Free
Asia will also be broadcasting in Khmer and Laotian.

      It is our hope that word of mouth will  spread the word about RFA, as well
      as spinning the
radio dial. We also  have a site on t he World-W'ide Web which is not yet fully
functional. It you have Intero et access. make " note to check out our home page
at www.rfa.org

      Again we  appreciate the time you took to listen .and write to us; and
      send wishes for your
good health. and contentment. Enclosed is our sticker to add to your collection.

Sincerely,

The Staff of Radio Free Asia

Zacharias Liangas

pen-DX sejak 72
anggota World-DX-Club 2104,Play DX, DSWCI #3507
http://www.compulink.gr/Users/zliangas/central.htm  (my :new !)
http://www.clandjop.com/~jcruzan/greek-p.html  (mirrored for greek pirate radio )
pesawat penerima : Lowe HF 150 , SONY IFC 7600 D , Philips 2935 antena 6 m & 11 m