QSLs

This is a message from paulorm@xxxxxxxx (Paul Ormandy)

Attn Grey-Liners: I'm gunna kiss my postie!!

Three good MW QSLs in one day - I can't remember when that last happened.

AUSTRALIA

1665 2MM Greek Radio, in a letter from v/s Demis Psomas: 2MM has been
running since June 1996, the first three months b'casts were solely Greek mx
with no annc, running into a 13m antenna. Since Sept '96 they have been using
a CFM antenna (looks like an an umbrella blown inwards) located at St Peters,
3kM South of Sydney and a 400w Broadcast Electronics (USA) transmitter. They
are also on 99.3 FM in Wollongong and have just initiated a new transmitter in
Melbourne simulcasting on 1629kHz running 100w, though it too will go to 400w
in the next few months. They run 24hrs and target the 600,000 Greek
Australians living in Sydney & Melbourne. Plans are to increase coiverage to
other regional centres during the next few months.

Demis apologises for the long delay in replying, his work-load has been
daunting to say the least, working 26-hour days and going 50 hours with
just one hours sleep (sounds like good DXer material to me!).

Their address has changed, it is now:

Mars Media & Broadcasting Group
Locked Bag 888
St Peters
NSW 2044

Their ph is (02) 9565 5555 and fax (02) 9565 4000

PERU

1250 Radio Miraflores, Lima, after a follow-up to a '96 report, I recived a
letter from Renzo Palma, Programming Director for their FM station on 96.1mHz,
in ENGLISH! And very good EE too. Renzo says that R Miraflores (which has been
owned by his family since 1935!) is setting up 6 web pages and has asked for
my phone, e-mail and fax number. Great news to have a Peruvian station so keen
on hearing from it's "fringe" listenership! Their QTH is as in WRTH: Manco
Cápac 495, Of 401, Miraflores. Ph 444 1773 & 444 0966, fax 445 0126.

ST KITTS & NEVIS

895 Voice of Nevis, Charlestown, very friendly letter from Deli Caines, News
Dept/Announcer, after f/up to my '96 report which she says she did reply to
(so there is another one that got away!). Deli is from the USA and is married
to a Brit (who tells her that cricket is the best sport in the world - I guess
the Brits do have something going for them, they did give NZ a trashing in
the recent Test series). DEli comments "It is always a pleasure receiving
letters as yours and it may interest you to note, we have had letters from New
Zealand, USA, Europe, Africa & Canada among other places. Happy DXing!!!"

The address on the letter is P O Box 25, Road Town, Tortola, British Virgin
Islands, Ph (809) 494 2312/2311 (Tortola) (809) 469 1700/1616 (Nevis) Fax
(809) 494 2010, What a pity their transmitters aren't on BVI!

Paul Ormandy, 33 Greta Street, Oamaru, New Zealand, paulorm@xxxxxxxx

Tune in to "Kiwi DX", New Zealand's  DX program on ZLXA, the Radio Reading
Service, every third Tuesday of the month at 0830z, repeated the following
Sunday at 0430z, on 1602kHz, 3935kHz and 5960kHz alternate 7290kHz. Hosted by
Paul Ormandy, featuring news and tuning tips relevant to NZ DXers.