Re: No attachments please

This is a message from "Robert M. Bratcher Jr." <bratcher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

At 02:01 AM 3/26/97 +0000, you wrote:
>This is a message from "Sonny M. Ashimori" <sonny@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>>Please, don't send any more these kind of files.
>>I unable to read them.
>
>Dear List.
>
>Me either. My Mac couldn't tell what kind of file the attachment we got
>yesterday was, though I usually just trash unsolicited attachments from
>strangers.
>
>Really, it is considered rude to send attachments to a mailing list. You
>never know what kind of computer and systems all your recipients use, and
>most people are cautios--for good reason!--of attachments from someone you
>don't know, especially if it's a small app!
>
>So let's not send attachments to the list. If you have to send one, do it
>off-list, privately. End of discussion. Thanks!
>
>Sonny

I have to agree with this one. Even though I can read almost any attachment
with Win95 (and other software) I always delete any attached file I get
from this list without reading it. Why? Well I'm not worried about a virus
(mcafee gives great protection) however I did get an infected .DOC file
that Mcafee caught while downloading that some nutcase from Japan that
E-mailed it BCC to a ton of people as well as posting it to plenty of
usenet newsgroups. Attaching a file to a listserver message is a bad idea.
Someone sent an auction list that way on the 78-l@xxxxxxxxxxx listserver.
He got publically chewed by several people via the list. Then the guy sent
his apology letter to everyone. Lessons learned...

Robert M. Bratcher Jr.
E-mail to:
bratcher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Record collector, 8mm, super 8, 16 and 35mm Film collector.
I like old radio's too.
Collins, Hallicrafters, National & Hammurland are my Favorites!