KIWI RADIO WEEKLY VOLUME FOUR # 1

This is a message from anderson sj <kiwisagb@xxxxxxxxxx>

~~~~~~~~*THE KIWI RADIO WEEKLY*~~~~~~~

Phone: ++64-6-835-9186                P O Box 3103
Fax  :   ++64-6-835-4186              Onekawa
email:   kiwisagb@xxxxxxxxxx          Napier
                                      New Zealand
WWW site : http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/9885
Editor : Graham J Barclay

WWW page site for THE KIWI RADIO STORY 1977 - 1997
                http://www-pp.hogia.net/jonny/fr/kiwi.html

This page is kindly sponsored by : SRS NEWS - Sweden
               http://www-pp.hogia.net/jonny/links.html
or	   http://www-pp.hogia.net/jonny/index.html
for other info etc on SRS-News - Sweden.

			VOLUME FOUR - NUMBER ONE

APRIL 6th. 1997

Hi there again Friends.

Last weeks broadcasts from KIWI Radio went reasonably well according to
reports already recieved.
We are to raise our antenna another couple of metres to see if the APRIL
broadcast will be better received.

There Is no scheduled broadcast from KIWI Radio this weekend or next
weekend.
WE NEED PROGRAMMING !!!

On the note of programmeing PERHAPS YOU CAN HELP ??
We noted in a list of pirate logs for Sunday March 30th 1997 that a
station called "Radio Kom op de Band" - Europe was heard playing KIWI
RADIO Jingles on 6300 khz at 09.22  UTC.
WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE??
We would like to know so as to arrange Mutual airtime.

We have gone through our past issues of the WEEKLY to see what we need
to follow up on> Here Goes:
We still need to get a copy of the old Tiny Tim hit "Tiptoe Through The
Tulips" do you have a copy you can run off onto tape for us ??
Still No response - despite some requests to Radio South Australia
(heard via IRRS-SW in Dec 96 ), about their public address. Hopefully
they will reply sooner than later.

We are looking at maori / Tourist programming to go into our broadcasts
from the Pacific. We will advise these as they happen.

We are still getting information on Southern Hemisphere Pirate radio
stations from the past to today for a small book on this subject. If you
have any info on any station please send it to us at P O BOX 3103,
ONEKAWA, NAPIER, NEW ZEALAND.

The NZ AM / FM pirate booklet is coming along slowly.

So overall a very Quiet week at KIWI RADIO.

If you don"t already know we are on the WWW at URL:

If you want a link from our page to yours please let us know the details
and we will add your link to our page.
Or if you want us to set up a page FREE for you on our site, JUST ASK!!

We are now looking at purchasing a legal Commercial lowpowered FM
transmitter (100mw - 300mw EIRP), as permitted by the Radio Frequency
Service to operate on 100.6 MHz without a licence needed.
More Next week.

		*************************************

IRCA Mexican Log, 4th Edition

The IRCA MEXICAN LOG log lists all AM stations in Mexico by frequency,
including call letters, state, city, day/night power, slogans, schedule
in UTC/GMT, formats, networks and notes.  In addition, stations that
have changed frequency since 1990 are cross-referenced on the old
frequency.  The call letter index gives call, frequency, city and
state.  The city index (listed by state, then city) includes frequency,
call and day/night power.
The log has been completely updated from the 1994 edition and carefully
cross-checked by IRCA members in Mexico and the US.  This is an
indispensable reference for anyone who hears Mexican radio stations.
Size is 8 1/2" x 11" and three hole punched for easy binding (optional).

Prices:  IRCA/NRC members - $6.50 (US/Canada/Mexico/seamail), $7.50
(rest of  the Americas airmail), $8.00 (Europe/Asia airmail), $8.50
(Australia/New Zealand airmail).  Non-members:  add $2.00 to the above
prices.  Make checks out to:  Phil Bytheway.

Order TODAY from:  IRCA Bookstore, 9705 Mary NW, Seattle WA  98117-2334

(Via AM DX Newsflash APRIL 3.1997 )
		************************************

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

The National Radio Club NRC AM Radio Log for the 1996-1997 DX Season.
This is the Seventeenth edition and has been updated through September
1996.

This annual edition contains 312 pages, 8 1/2" x 11" size, 3-hole
punched, loose leaf format with over 5,500 A.M. Radio station listings
from the United States and Canada.  Each station listing consists of its
location, frequency, call, format, network affiliation, station address,
station slogan, day and night transmitter powers.  There are cross
references by city and by call letter.

The nonmember prices of the AM Radio Log are as follows:
  NRC & IRCA Members see your magazines for the member prices!

U.S. & Canada  US $22.95
Latin America  US $23.50
Europe         US $24.00
All Others     US $28.00

Orders may be placed now.  The 1997 Seventeenth edition of the NRC AM
RADIO LOG ready and being shipped at this time.

Please mail all orders to:    National Radio Club
                              Publications Center
                              P.O. Box 164
                              Mannsville, NY 13661-0164

(via AM DX NewsFlash APRIL 3.1997 )

			***********************************

RADIO FREE LONDON
3945 and 6400 kHz

RFL Line-up for April 6th with "Good time oldies"

Andy Walker
(Rare and classic Instrumentals special)
Terry Phillips
(The Friendly old Gentleman of Free Radio)
Dave Martin
(Mr WNKR joins RFL)
Tony Randall
(with more 1970's "Camp Humor")

The 3945 transmitter has been repaired after blowing
two chokes last week. Thanks to the listeners who
emailed and phoned us and said they missed it being on.

We are thinking of moving from 6400 to 5805, as this band
seems to work very well throughout the day.  If you think
it's a good idea please let us know and if you don't think it's
a good idea, let us know anyway !

(Via RFLSW - UK )

		******************************

MARABU PRESS RELEASE APRIL 1997

>From the 14th of April 1997 onwards Radio Marabu will extend their international  shortwave and mediumwave service with additional transmissions via high powered  radio transmitters based at the Ukraine.
Radio Marabu will use the facilities of Radio Independence of Lviv in
cooperation with the "The All-Ukrainian Festival "Alternativa" at the
following frequencies and times:

DAILY FROM 10.00 TO 12.00 HOURS AND FROM 21.00 TO 00.00 HOURS ON 11.830
kHz (50
kW), 1476 (30 kW) AND AT LVIV LOCAL on 106.7 FM

Please mention this information at your media programme and/or magazine
and spread this information further to your contacts

RADIO MARABU - P.O.Box 1166 - 49187 Belm - Germany
Tel.: 05406/899484 Fax: 05406/899485
ULR: http://www.dma.be/p/amphion/sztuka/marabu.htm

(Via Radio Marabu - Germany )

Free Radio Info                         Radioclub Nord West
Postfach 520112                         Postfach 1732
44207 Dortmund                          48578 Gronau

Invitation for the Whit Sunday Camp of the Radioclub Nord West in
Cooperation with Free Radio Info

Dear friends !

with this we invite all to the first concerted camp of the Radioclub
Nord West and Free Radio Info. The dx-camp takes place in Gronau
between the 17th. and the 19th. of May 1997. Here exists the
possibiliy to receive quite a lot of FR-stations from the NL in superb
quality, but even the normal dxing will find its place. The open-air
area offers place for such long-wire antennas you'd like to see them
in your own dxers-corner. Lots of FR-makers and -listeners are
expected, but even the exchange of common experiences will be
possible. Meals are aviable for moderate prices, places for sleeping
are only aviable in a resricted amount, therefor every participant
should think of the own tent - or reserve a place quite early! Beside
the radio-activities there is some live-music from Radio Bubenfunk,
the near of the Netherlands provokes some shopping. Readers of Free
Radio Info can book the weekend with all meals inclusive, that means 2
x breakfast, 2 x lunch, 2 x supper, but even one-day-guests are
heartly invited. The own receiver should be brougth with you, since
the aviable devices are normally occupied. Already since two years the
Radioclub Nord West runs this camp, which was until now attended
nearly only by FR-makers. Here the ideas of Radio Junifirst and Radio
Isabella arose, here meet real FR-freaks in the past. The camp area is
situated quite good in terms of traffic (only few minutes away from
the motorway ) and certainly offers an alternative to a gray sunday in
front of the receiver at home. Any questions? Simply write to Free
Radio Info or to the Radioclub Nord West, your questions will be
answerd there. Or send us your registration by fax : ++49-203-494498,
you'll get the booking-confirmation immediately.

We are looking forward for your visit !
Free Radio Info / Radioclub Nord West

Every FRI-reader, who takes place in this camp (booking asumed) takes
place in a tombola. The price is a CD by Laguna-Records.

(Messages can also be forwarded via
schoechi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and via LagunaSW@xxxxxxx)

Well thats it for this week, and if all goes well, we will see you again
next week.
Happy Dxing

73's

Graham J Barclay