THE KIWI RADIO WEEKLY VOLUME FOUR # 3

This is a message from KIWI RADIO <kiwisagb@xxxxxxxxxx>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~THE KIWI RADIO WEEKLY~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Phone: ++64-6-835-9186			P O BOX 3103
Fax:   ++64-6-835-4186			ONEKAWA
Email:  kiwisagb@xxxxxxxxxx		NAPIER
					NEW ZEALAND
Editor: Graham J Barclay
WWW Site: http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/9885
The KIWI RADIO Story 1977 - 1997 can be viewed at:
                   http://www-pp.hogia.net/jonny/fr/kiwi.html

This page has been kindly sponsored by: SRS NEWS - SWEDEN
	       http://www-pp.hogia.net/jonny/links.html
or             http://www-pp.hogia.net/jonny/index.html
for other info etc on SRS-NEWS - SWEDEN.

		VOLUME FOUR - NUMBER THREE

APRIL 20.1997

Hi there again,
We hope that you have had a better week than I have had - Yes through my
own fault I wrote off my car on early Friday morning, after doing a
triple roll and removing a power pole and fencing. So yes I am a bit
sore  physically. Well It does prove one thing - Don't assume everything
is going to be alright all the time.

There will be NO KIWI Broadcast tonight.

However there will be a broadcast NEXT Sunday, APRIL 27th 1997 from
07.15 UTC on 7475 khz USB.

The stations due for relay are:
				K.F.M-UK
Address is C/-			P O BOX 3103
				ONEKAWA
				NAPIER
				NEW ZEALAND
and
				RADIO DR TIM
Address is:			P O BOX 22 03 42
				D-42373 WUPPERTAL
				GERMANY
and
				JOLLY ROGER RADIO INT
Address is:			P O BOX 39
				WATERFORD
				IRELAND (EIRE)

and if time allows, there may be another "surprize relay station"

Our WWW site at http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/9885
has been repaired, and everything seems to be OK, except we are still
needing the CURRENT URL's for both "The Pirate Radio Network" and "The
Media Pirate Network" - CAN YOU PLEASE HELP????

We have had some good feedback re our site, both comments of praise and
critisim are welcome. If you think we need to improve our site, or
change it - please let us know, and we will most definetly look into it.

We are also to issue a "SET" of QSL cards from May  to add a bit of
variety.

So far we have now got 526 people on our weekly mailing list - can we
get 600 ??

KIWI RADIO is currently looking at the use of "LOW-POWERED" FM
transmitters for local use only.
We will advise the outcome. The transmitters will not be ready for
delivery until July 1997, as there has been a heavy demand from all over
New Zealand for these low-powered transmitters.
We would like to add that we will be "working with" any other
low-powered operations in our area, so as to avoid interferance
problems, and any other problems that arise from frequency sharing etc.

Well onto other news:

			*************************

NEW BOOK ANNOUNCEMENT

Access to the Airwaves: My Fight For Free Radio
By Allan H. Weiner (As told to Anita Louise McCormick)

        Allan H. Weiner has always believed that the airwaves are free,
and
that they rightfully belong to the people.  Ever since his childhood,
this gifted radio enthusiast has devoted his time and energy to the
development of free radio broadcasting. In addition to his "pirate"
radio projects, Weiner has engineered, worked for, and owned a number
of licensed radio and TV broadcast stations.
        The film "Pump Up The Volume" appeared to be loosely based on
Weiner's teenage pirate radio adventures, but failed to capture even
a fraction of the dedication and the intensity that this heroic free
speech advocate has brought to his endeavors throughout his life.
        The trials and tribulations that Weiner endured to bring Radio
New
York International to the air are legendary.  The FCC's illegal
seizure of Weiner's radio ship the M/V Sarah in 1987, which he
designed and built to broadcast from the international waters off the
coast of New York, made headlines around the world.
        Weiner's story is both a heart-warming tale of an electronics
genius
at work and a chilling indictment of government disregard for
personal liberties and free speech.
        But despite the FCC's efforts to silence him, Weiner has
persevered.
 And he continues to work towards a future when the airwaves are open
to all who choose to use them and the world becomes a better place
because of the free transmission of knowledge.
        Access to the Airwaves: My Fight For Free Radio, Weiner's
autobiographical account (as told to writer Anita Louise McCormick),
is a powerful rendition that should be read by all who believe that
speech should be unfettered, and that fighting the powers-that-be is
an often unheralded necessity.
Access to the Airwaves: My Fight For Free Radio is now available from
Loompanics Unlimited  for $17.95 plus $4.95 S&H U.S. (Ph. USA 1-800-
380-2230,  international 1-360-385-7471, World-Wide Web http://www.
loompanics.com) It can also be ordered through many book stores and
radio-related mail order companies by the end of the month.

(We hope to give you a review soon- Editor)

			*****************************

RADIO FREE LONDON
Will move from 6400kHz to the all new 5805kHz on May 18th.

This is unusual move for a free radio station as we are moving
totally away from 6mHz.  The new channel has given us very good
results over the past two test broadcasts much better than 6400 or
anywhere we have used on the 48 metre band, especially when only
low power had been used on 5805 which was only 12 watts.
The power on 5805 will be going up to 90 watts and should
give a strong clear signal across the UK and Europe.

Please pass this around your contacts

May 18th........RFL
5805 and 3945 kHz

 RADIO FREE LONDON
 3945 and 6400 in parallel

This weeks line up:

 Andy Walker
 ("Big mouth" with more loud talk !)
 Terry Phillips
 (The friendly old gentleman of UK free radio)
 Adrian Cooke
 (With more of the best radio sites on the Web)
 Jodie
 (The best of the latest AOR release's)

  Don't forget we are moving frequency on May 18th
 from 6400kHz to the all new 5805kHz

  We had a few Emails during the week about the broadcast
 from the UK station "The Pulse" last Sunday and asking if
 we have any connection with it. WE DO NOT "The Pulse"
 have copied our address book and are using it to do mail outs.
 This has nothing to do with us and theres nothing we can do about
 another station using our address book and taking "the easy way out"
 instead of building up their own contacts.

			***********************************

NEW HOBBY BROADCASTING WEBSITE!
I've got a new website up & running called Radio Free Internet! It's
dedicated to FM/SW/AM pirating, Internet broadcasting, Part 15 radio,
cable-access TV, etc. It's only been up for about 8 days, so it has a
LONG
way to go, but it's getting there. Right now, It's got classified ads,
information about books, recent pirate news, PiPas, info about Hobby
Broadcasting magazine, links, etc. I've been adding new bits of info &
graphics everyday. I'm on the lookout for more info, so feel free to
sling
anything my way!
the URL:  http://www.frn.net/rfi

(Thanks to Andrew Yoder - PiPa #189 for this).

Well that's it for this week - until next week.

73's
Graham J Barclay
KIWI RADIO - NEW ZEALAND