INTERNET: re Latvia-576 kHz

Categories: ADMIN, BULLETIN, CONTEST, EQUIPMENT, FM, INTERNET,
LIST, LOG, MEETING, NEWS, PIRATE, PUBLICATION, SCHEDULE, QSL.
or email Risto Kotalampi, rko@xxxxxxx
>Categories: ADMIN, BULLETIN, CONTEST, EQUIPMENT, FM, INTERNET,
>LIST, LOG, MEETING, NEWS, PIRATE, PUBLICATION, SCHEDULE, QSL.
>For more information, please check http://www.iki.fi/rko/hard-core-dx/
>or email Risto Kotalampi, rko@xxxxxxx
>Hi, folks,
>
>check out http://www.newstide.com/1radnews
>tog et all the info about an unsuccessful test-transmission on 576
>from CMR Country Music Radio from Latvia with 500 kw on saturday
>evening. btw, i did not hear them !
>Before is is too late: does anyone know about good websites for
>introducing me to FM-DX, especially station info (lists) and
>introductory files ?
>
>Thanks to all in advance
>
>best 73 + gd dx
>
>jascha (Marburg, Germany)

Low-band stations from northern Europe are at a distinct disadvantage
on this end compared to those from the Iberian peninsula / North
Africa.  576 kHz is dominated here by Spain, with Algeria as a
subdominant.  In June (the poorest month for DX), the 0000 to 0300
UTC period is when medium-wave Europeans are most likely to be heard.
Latvia is a difficult country, even during the best autumn and winter
conditions, mainly because there are always stronger co-channel western
Europeans with which to contend.

Mark Connelly, WA1ION
Billerica, MA, USA