EQUIPMENT: MFJ phasing unit

Categories: ADMIN, BULLETIN, CONDITION, CONTEST, EQUIPMENT, FM,
INTERNET, LIST, LOG, MEETING, NEWS, PIRATE, PUBLICATION, SCHEDULE, QSL.
or email Risto Kotalampi, rko@xxxxxxx
MFJ Enterprises, Inc. (P.O. Box 494 - Mississippi State, MS 39762 USA)
(web: http://www.mfjenterprises.com) have announced a new phasing unit.
Model MFJ-1026, including an active antenna, is being offered for
US $ 139.95 and MFJ-1025 (without the active antenna) for $ 119.95.
These are shown on page 121 of the July 1997 issue of QST magazine.

I'll probably be ordering one to see how it compares to the JPS
ANC-4 as well as several of the do-it-yourself designs out there.

Let's hope that the unit can manage to have easy nulling, low
loss / low noise floor, and freedom from intermodulation products
in strong-signal areas.  This can be a difficult balancing act
if the phaser uses active devices rather than a passive delay line
or passive L-C-R tuned circuits.

Once I get the box and put it through its paces, I'll sent a
report to various Internet list-servers and to the leading MW
DX bulletins.

Best of DXing to all.  How about more US East Coast MW logs ?
Surely some of you are getting as good (or better) stuff than
I've been reporting.  Ben Dangerfield in PA got Iran on 1566 not
too long ago: that points out that it doesn't have to be autumn
or winter for some decent DX to be heard.

73 ... Mark