BULLETIN: THE KIWI RADIO WEEKLY VOLUME SIX # 4

BULLETIN: THE KIWI RADIO WEEKLY VOLUME SIX # 4

Categories: ADMIN, BULLETIN, CONDITION, CONTEST, EQUIPMENT, FM,
INTERNET, LIST, LOG, MEETING, NEWS, PIRATE, PUBLICATION, SCHEDULE, QSL.
or email Risto Kotalampi, rko@xxxxxxx
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"THE KIWI RADIO WEEKLY"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
------P O BOX 3103, ONEKAWA, NAPIER. NEW ZEALAND.-------

EDITOR: Graham J Barclay.
Phone: 0064-6-835-9186.
Fax:     0064-6-835-4186.
Email:  kiwisagb@xxxxxxxxxx
WWW site 1: http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/9885
WWW site 2: http://www-pp.hogia.net/jonny/fr/kiwi.html

This page is sponsored by: SRS-News - Sweden.
	           http://www-pp.hogia.net/jonny/links.html
and                 http://www-pp.hogia.net/jonny/index.html

		VOLUME SIX - NUMBER FOUR

June 22.1997

Hello Again
			7 DAYS TO GO!!!

Thats right only seven days to go before KIWI RADIO leaves the
air on Shortwave.
This weeks on Sunday June 22.1997 from 07.00 utc on 7475 khz USB
will include relays from 07.15 utc.
The relays are:		RADIO COCHIGUAZ INTERNATIONAL
			SNRES
			CASILLA 2571
			1000-BUENOS AIRES
			ARGENTINA
(PLEASE DO NOT PUT STATION NAME ON ENVELOPE)
and
			RADIO SUE
		C/-	P O BOX 3103
			ONEKAWA
			NAPIER
			NEW ZEALAND

(Return postage [ 2 IRC's or US$2 ] appreciatted.)

There may be another relay added to the schedule.

Next week June 29th 1997 is DAY ZERO for KIWI RADIO.
We cease Shortwave broadcasts from New Zealand, as we hand the
transmitter over to RADIO JEMIMA.
We have been asked about staying on Shortwave by many people, but at
this stage our decision to leave remains.

The broadcast next Sunday will start at 07.00 utc > and will feature
bits and pieces of KIWI's past, along with our last relay from our very
good friends in Germany at RADIO TITANIC INTERNATIONAL
			P O BOX 220342
			D-42373 WUPPERTAL
			GERMANY

After that Broadcast - it will be THE END.
			*************************

RADIO JEMIMA has advised that they have changed their P O BOX number.
Their new address is: RADIO JEMIMA
				P O BOX 16002
				TAMATEA
				NAPIER
				NEW ZEALAND.

They also advise us that they are to change their name in the near
future.
We will keep you up to date on this.

			************************

Does anyone have the "Correct" URL for PIRATE RADIO ( offshore - UK ) ??
If so please Email us at <kiwisagb@xxxxxxxxxx> THANKS.

We are always adding additional Radio sites to our web page at:
If your page is not listed, or you know of other Radio-Related sites
that should be added PLEASE TELL US.

		*********************************

WANTED - WANTED - WANTED - WANTED - WANTED -

Relay stations for programmes from New Zealand's Only Female
Free Radio station - RADIO SUE.
RADIO SUE is looking for relays in Europe and the USA.
If you can help please write to RADIO SUE via KIWI RADIO
or Email on <kiwisagb@xxxxxxxxxx>
Your Help would be appreciatted.  THANKS

		**********************************
Hi all,
I´d like to inform you, that the official Radio Caroline website has
started. It contains lots of photos, sounds and memories and is THE
offshore radio page. Have a look at:

http://www.radiocaroline.co.uk/

Just let me remind you of my own page now containing 145 links to
offshore sites on the web plus 81 photos on the "Gallery" (i.e. 17
pictures of the Ross Revenge in international waters from 1983 till
1991) plus the latest offshore news ("Newsflash"). The URL is:

http://home.t-online.de/home/vanderVen/

Have a nice weekend,
Martin
vanderVen@xxxxxxxxxxx

Albert-Schweitzer-Weg 28
D-49716 Meppen
Germany

Fax ++49-5931-89632

		****************************
NEW ZEALAND RADIO - DIRECT:

NEW ZEALAND  New Zealand's Broadcast Radio Directory
Main menu     http://www.radio.net.nz
Links page     http://www.radio.net.nz/links.html
For those interested in the New Zealand Radio scene this is
a new independent  site which is still under development - it
covers -
NEW ZEALAND
Station Directory
Industry News
Industry Directory
Equipment Sales
Job Placement
Forum
History
Links to other NEW ZEALAND related radio  web sites such
as :
New Zealand Ministry of Commerce - who are
responsible for the regulatory side of broadcasting in New
Zealand, New Zealand on Air - who fund programming on radio and TV about
New Zealand and New Zealand interests,
Radio New Zealand International   - RNZI  is New Zealands
shortwave Station and voice of the Pacific .
 New Zealand Radio DX League -  Link to a New Zealand radio listeners
and Radio DXers site .
 New Zealand Amateur Radio Transmitters - Link to a New Zealand Ham
Radio Site .  NZART.
Broadcasting Standards Authority - Statutory body that maintains
acceptable standards in broadcasting TV and Radio in New Zealand Keep an
eye on the pages as they are still being developed to their full
potential and will change while being updated. Disclaimer - I am just
trying to publicise a new web site that has 'NEW ZEALAND'  and its
'radio interests' as its main topic . I have no financial link  to this
site.

			*****************************
>From SRS-News:

Hello free radio and Internet Freaks!

At last is it there, The FREE RADIO INFO is online!
The page is still under construction, but paying a visit at the
FRI-Homepage will always give you something in return!
The page is entirely dedicated to the German speaking world.
You will also find a German Translation of the News-section in SRS news.
The Address to our page is:
		http://members.aol.com/friinfo/index.htm
Welcome
FREE RADIO INFO

		******************************

>From The Free Radio Weekly:

Please use the following address as an alturnative.
For those contributing to the Free Radio Weekly, please send your
contributions to BOTH:
			piradio@xxxxxxxx
and			lobdell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am not sure what is wrong with usa1, but they are becoming less
reliable.

		**********************************
  WORLD OF RADIO SCHEDULE--as of June 19, 1997 from Glenn Hauser

    WORLD OF RADIO SCHEDULE, SHORT VERSION effective June 19:
    On WWCR Nashville, Thu 2030 15685, Sat 0605 3210, Sat 1130 5070,
Sat 1300 15685, Sun 0900 3210, Sun 2330 5070, Tue 1230 15685.
    On RFPI Costa Rica: Fri 2000, Sat 0400, 1100, 1800, Sun 0200,
0900, 2300, Mon 0700, Tue 1900, Wed 0300, 1000--on 15050 AM in 1900-0500
period, 7385 2200-1200, NEW 7585-USB 0000-1200 (Glenn Hauser, June 19)

    Updated weekly or as needed. Please publicize at least the WWCR
and RFPI portion, and delete any outdated times from your lists. All
times and days UT. Subtract 5 hours from UT for CDT.  W.O.R. is a
listener-supported, public-service program about communications around
the world, especially, but not limited to, Shortwave Broadcasting. Look
for separately distributed rundowns of topics in each half-hour edition,
or on our website, now reachable at a shortened URL on newer browsers:
http://idt.net/~khecht19/ghauser
also usually in RFPI Weekly Updates, previews by E-mail or newsgroups.

    *On WWCR Nashville, 1300 WWCR Ave., Nashville, TN 37218 USA;
    http://www.wwcr.com     E-mail:  <wwcr@xxxxxxx>        Central Time:
Thu 2030 15685                                            Thu 3:30 pm
Sat 0605  3210                                              Sat 1:05 am
Sat 1130  5070                                              Sat 6:30 am
Sat 1300 15685                                             Sat 8:00 am
Sun 0900  3210                                             Sun 4:00 am
Sun 2330  5070                                             Sun 6:30 pm
Tue 1230 15685                                            Tue 7:30 am
    WWCR times subject to pre-emption or change without notice.

    *On Radio for Peace International, Box 88, Santa Ana, Costa Rica;
    or P.O. Box 20728, Portland, OR 97294, USA:
    http://www.clark.net/pub/cwilkins/rfpi
    <rfpicr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Fri 2000 15050                                  Sun 2300 15050, 7385
Sat 0400  7385, 7585-usb, 15050      Mon 0700  7385, 7585-usb
Sat 1100  7385, 7585-usb                  Tue 1900 15050
Sat 1800 15050                                 Wed 0300  7385, 7585-usb,
15050
Sun 0200  7385, 7585-usb, 15050     Wed 1000  7385, 7585-usb
Sun 0900  7385, 7585-usb
    NEW 7585-USB is experimental, as is expansion of 15050 to 0500.
    RFPI times may vary slightly.
Weekly E-mail program previews are available upon request to RFPI.
Ask about becoming a Friend of RFPI and receive the quarterly VISTA.

    *CONTINENT OF MEDIA (COM) is an additional half-hour carried only by
RFPI for a one-week cycle once per month, the June edition starting on
the 20th immediately following W.O.R., i.e. half an hour later than the
times above, except on Sunday/Monday. It deals primarily with domestic
media developments in North America. Let us have your reaction!  COM may
also appear at other times when space is available. COM will be going on
hiatus for the summer.

( via Glen Hauser )
		*********************************
RADIO 510.

Here is our latest schedule:

    STATION                               DATE

Radio Jokebox                          22.06.97
Radio Wonderful                      29.06.97
Radio Casablanca (1)                06.07.97
Radio Sparks                            13.07.97
IMR                                         20.07.97
Radio Casablanca (2)                27.07.97
Radio Marabu                           03.08.97
Radio Power Station                 10.08.97
Transatlantic Radio                   17.08.97
------------------                         24.08.97
Radio Flamingo                        31.08.97
Kiwi Radio                               07.09.97
Radio Nathalie                         14.09.97
Radio 510 International            21.09.97
Radio Wonderful                      28.09.97

Don't forget to have a quick look at our homepage!! Thanks for your time
and attention.Have a great summer and stay tuned to Radio 510
International.

                   http://www.radio510.org
	       http://ww2.radio510.org

       *The top one is in Europe and the bottom one in the USA*

                            -RADIO TIP-
World Music Radio can be heard every Sat & Sun at 18.00 UTC on 6290 Khz
and 3345 Khz.Great odlies make this show one of the hottest around! Have
a listen and see for yourself.

		*************************
		THE WORLD ON RADIO.

CYBERSPACE "NEW!! : The World on Radio, the ultimate
guide to shortwave listening for the European DXer (but also
useful in other parts of the world), both for the beginner and
experienced.  A listing of all countries and stations that can
be heard on Shortwave here in Flanders. Frequencies,
languages and times are included.  Fully updated (although,
we admit, not complete), all checked and now yours to use.
     Come and have a look at this nice list on the following
page : http://www.club.innet.be/~ind1570/
     Corrections and additional information are always
welcome !
     73's
     Herman Boel BELGIUM"

		*************************************

Datum:  21.06.1997 10:56

Betreff : WR International

        Hi Friends of free radio,
It has been six months since WR International has been on the air, our
last official programs went out on air 25th December 1996.
        We have decided to give the old valves a dust down. You will be
able
to hear WRI this Saturday night 21/6/97 and also Sunday 22/6/97, If you
are interested you can find us on our old frequency of 12256 Khz. As
usual we will be playing the great oldies and we will also mix in some
of todays
best music, just to keep everyone happy.
        As we always say your QSL's and telephone calls will be welcome.
        Telephone +44 973 792 839
        E-Mail wrinternational@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I look forward to hearing from you
Dave Jones.
			****************************

FREE RADIO SERVICE HOLLAND:

FRSH will be putting out a two hour show this Sun morning between
03.00-05.00 UTC on 48 metres around 6275 kHz (otherwise: 6290 or 6295
kHz).
First hour will be hosted by Joop ter Zee and the second one by me.
Perhaps you could give it a try if you have time....????

			**********************

RADIO FREE LONDON SHORTWAVE:

RADIO FREE LONDON
5805kHz 51m/b

This weekends line up:

Andy Walker
Eric May
Dave Martin
Jodie (The lastest album rock release's)

This will be our last weekly broadcast and we will be back on air as of
July 5th.

AW - RFLSW

Thats all for now - See you next week.

73's