NEWS: North Korea

Categories: ADMIN, BULLETIN, CONDITION, CONTEST, EQUIPMENT, FM,
INTERNET, LIST, LOG, MEETING, NEWS, PIRATE, PUBLICATION, SCHEDULE, QSL.
or email Risto Kotalampi, rko@xxxxxxx
NORTH KOREA

I reported on June 23:

>3220 Korean Central Broadcasting Station (home service)
>Hamhung did not shut down its transmitter today after signing
>off at 1800.  The powerful signal stayed on, carrying the
>audio of Pyongyang Broadcasting Station (parallel to 3250, etc.)
>fairly loudly, until KCBS programming resumed at 2000. North
>Korean stations rarely leave carriers on for any more than a few
>seconds after signing off.

Continued monitoring has revealed that Korean Central Broadcasting Station
Hamhung on 3220 kHz now regularly stays on and relays Pyongyang
Broadcasting Station between 1800-2000 UTC while KCBS is off.

NORTH KOREA (AGAIN)

Frontline Soldiers Radio appears to be more regular now on all the 3
frequencies (1613, 2625, 3025 kHz, all valiable). They were all on on most
nights I monitored in the past few weeks. Contents are very similar but
always separate.

Sonny

Sonny M. Ashimori <sonny@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Yaesu FRG-7700 + 40m Dipole  (QTH 43.34N/135.20E)