Re: [HCDX]: MW: UNIDS & more....

Jean Burnell wrote:

> Gary J. Wilt wrote (concerning Jorge Garzon's unID's):
>
> >I believe the station on 690 may be WAPA from San Juan Puerto Rico.
> >Last night here in NJ USA I logged both the San Juan station and
> >the Cuban station.
>
> As Mark Connelly pointed out, WAPA is on 680!

Yes, my apologies, not sure what I was thinking at the time!

> >The conditions recently have been incredible.
> >Lots of openings from the south to north. On 1180
> >I was listening to a nearby station then all of the
> >sudden I heard " La Voz de Mexico". What a signal.
>
> I'm not sure if Gary was suggesting that this was from Mexico or not!  Note
> that the Cuban on 1180 is heard very often, and programs of Mexican music
> are very popular on Cuban radio!  My guess would be that what Gary heard on
> 1180 from New Jersey was also Cuba.
>
> Jean Burnell  St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada

Jean, thanks for that info. I wasn't aware that Cuban Radio stations
played mexican music!

Can anyone help me out with this one? I heard on 590 the other night
a station referred to as "The Lake". I heard 3 times the call WLQE.
Checking my database, the only WLQE I can find is on 880 from VA.
Has there been a format change, or is WLVA relaying the FM station
also from VA. Also WQAM from Miami on 560 came booming in here the
other evening with the Marlins Game!!

Thanks to all...
Gary