Re: [HCDX]: MW: UNIDS

Gary J. Wilt wrote (concerning Jorge Garzon's unID's):

>I believe the station on 690 may be WAPA from San Juan Puerto Rico.
>Last night here in NJ USA I logged both the San Juan station and
>the Cuban station.

As Mark Connelly pointed out, WAPA is on 680!

>The station on 670 is most certainly from Cuba.

I agree.

>The conditions recently have been incredible.
>Lots of openings from the south to north. On 1180
>I was listening to a nearby station then all of the
>sudden I heard " La Voz de Mexico". What a signal.

I'm not sure if Gary was suggesting that this was from Mexico or not!  Note
that the Cuban on 1180 is heard very often, and programs of Mexican music
are very popular on Cuban radio!  My guess would be that what Gary heard on
1180 from New Jersey was also Cuba.

Jean Burnell  St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada