[HCDX]: THE KIWI RADIO WEEKLY VOLUME ELEVEN - NUMBER THREE

[HCDX]: THE KIWI RADIO WEEKLY VOLUME ELEVEN - NUMBER THREE

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"THE KIWI RADIO WEEKLY"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
------P O BOX 3103, ONEKAWA, NAPIER. NEW ZEALAND.-------

EDITOR: Graham J Barclay.
Phone: 0064-6-835-9186.
Fax:     0064-6-835-9186.
Email:  kiwiradio@xxxxxxxxxxx
WWW site 1: http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/9885
WWW site 2: http://www.lls.se/jal/fr/kiwi.html

This page is sponsored by: SRS-News - Sweden.
	           http://www.lls.se/jal/links.html
and                 http://www.lls.se/jal/index.html

			VOLUME ELEVEN - NUMBER THREE

November 16th 1997

Hi there Again.

Sorry for the being late with getting this issue out, - technical
problems at
the FM side of things slowed my day down.

Well lets get straight onto this weeks items.

			***************************

RADIO 510 Int:

Here is our latest schedule till the end of December 1997:

STATION                        DATE
Radio Sparks                  07.11.97
Radio Waves Intern'l          09.11.97

Radio Marabu                  14.11.97
Radio Flamingo                16.11.97

Radio Power Station           21.11.97
Radio Waves Intern'l          23.11.97

Radio Mistero Ghost Planet    28.11.97
Transatlantic Radio           30.11.97

Radio Stardust Intern'l       05.12.97
Radio Wonderful               07.12.97

Radio Am-Meer-Land            12.12.97
Radio Jokebox                 14.12.97

Radio Francis Drake           19.12.97
Radio 510 Internat'l          21.12.97

Radio Sparks                  26.12.97
IMR                           28.12.97

You can hear our programmes every Fri & Sun at 20.00 UTC on
3985 Khz for one hour only.
Repeats  every Saturday at  12.00 - 14.00 UTC on 7120 khz
and every Sunday at 14.00 -16.00 UTC on 7120 khz. 7120 khz seems
 to be coming in very well all over Europe with a very big signal.
Check it out!!

** Radio Wonderful has got a very interesting programme with
     interviews recorded at the last Merchweiler DX Camp in Germany.
     Have a listen and see for yourself.

** Radio Mistero Ghost Planet welcomes you to their first show via
    Radio 510 International.Great QSL card and t-shirt offer.

** Radio Am-Meer-Land is another new station which you are going to
     like.

** Great to have Radio Stardust & Radio Francis Drake back again.

If you have any questions concerning our programmes, please contact me
at:            scarlett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Catch you all again over Christmas.

73's
Stevie
http://www.radio510.org
			***********************

This was from the FCC Daily Digest today, November 11, 1997.

FCC CONFISCATES EQUIPMENT FROM UNLICENSED RADIO OPERATION.
On Nov. 6, 1997, the FCC confiscated radio equipment used by a Kansas
City, MO, resident to operate an unlicensed FM radio station after he
had been warned by FCC officials that unlicensed broadcasting was
against the law..
Report No: CI 97-13.  News Media Contact: David Fiske (202) 418-0500.
CIB Contact: Magalie Sales at (202) 418-1150.
( via Fred R Vobbe )
			************************

RADIO TORENVALK - HOLLAND:

I HAVE HEARD IN THE EUROPE FREE RADIO SCENE AND FROM A VERY,VERY GOOD
INFORM SOURCE THAT R A D I O  T O R E N V A L K  FROM THE NETHERLANDS
WILL BACK ON
THE AIR IN THE NEXT FUTURE.
THE COMEBACK-SHOW FROM THIS VERY KNOWN STATION
IS IMMEDIATE IMMINENT!!!
THIS BRANDACTUELL NEWS IS FROM A TO 99 % CERTAIN SOURCE!!!
IN THIS MOMENT WE CAN SAY NOT, RADIO TORENVALK WILL BACK ON THE AIR WITH
THE OLD OR WITH A NEW NAME!!!
MORE INFOS TO THIS BRANDACTUELL THE- ME I WILL GIVE IN THE NEXT TIME.

W E L C O M E ON THE AIR MR.TORENVALK AND HAVE A GOOD FR-TIME IN THE
NEXT 20 YEARS!!!

THIS IS A SPECIAL INFORMATION TO ALL FREE-RADIO FRIENDS, STATIONS,
LISTENERS AND MAGAZINES / REVUES /RIVISTAS / REVISTAS.

THIS FOR THIS DAY. HAVE A NICE WEEK, A GOOD FREE TIME AND PLEASE LOOK
OUT TO RADIO TORENVALK!

( via Werner Schauermann )
			**************************

A BASIC COLLECTION OF JAPANESE WW II RADIOS PART 1

   The basic radios  that can be found are the Type 94-6, a small one
tube
transceiver (Two tubes  in one glass envelope) and the Type 94-5 set
which consists of a small one  tube transmitter and a separate three
tube
receiver. These  are very small radios and would fit inside a duffle bag
with ease. They are the company and  battalion level sets. See Electric
Radio articles by Ken Lakin. They are powered by  small hand cranked
generators when transmtting and by batteries when receving.There are a
lot of accessories that go with these. I have available a cost
breakdown on these sets which lists most of the accessories, if anyone
is interested.

 The  Type 94-3 A sets were used by the Division and regimental stations
and are rare items, there being three sets that I know of in private
collections. Two in the US and one in  England. There are also a Type
94-3 B and a Type 94-3 C set . Very little is known of the 94-3 B set.
The Type 94-3 C sets were used by the horse cavalry units and while rare
are  in existance in private collections. Consisting of a Receiver,
transmitter and hand cranked generator. They used plug in coils as did
the Type 94-3A set.
I have seen ads for the receivers in ARC and elsewhere.  Transmitters
are
much rarer.as are the gnerators.  The Type 94-3 D set seems to be a
companion receiver for the Type 94-3 A set.

 Any other Army or ground forces set is extremly rare and they seldom
show  up. Aircraft radios are also rare but they do turn up.  With out
the
case they are worth about $75 to  $150   With the case, more. A type
99-5 receiver in the  case was found in a New Jersey flea market for
$250.00 a few years ago.

Japanese Army Aircraft radiosthat are most commonly found  were
designated as Type 99-1, 99-2. 99-3, 99-4 , and 99-5.  Made up of the
receiver, transmitter, dyanamotors and control boxes, they are seldom
found in complete condition.  Difficult to work on, hard to find
schematics for them and of limited appeal to HAM radio operators, these
were not brought home in any great numbers. They range in value from one
station that was complete,with control boxes, dynamotors and cabloing
for  $65.00 to one set consisting of receiver and transmitter only for
$1,200 dollars.

Japanese Naval aircraft radios are also scarce items as most of them
went
down at sea when the plane crashed. Those that survived crashing at sea
,
crashed on land. Sometimes these sets were captured when an airfield was
over run by allied forces.  These too have limited appeal to HAM radio
operators, were hard to work on , had hard if not imposible to find
schematics and were not brought home in any large numbers. While rare
items, the are not as valuable as some of the army ground rados.

If you like aircraft radios, these are very good examples of enemy
aircraft radios.

PART TWO NEXT WEEK.
( via Bill Howard )
			***********************

OFFSHORE RADIO:

INTERNATIONAL WATERS [non]. Remarks about the Electra in my Nov
Monitoring Times column provoked calls from Scott Becker and
Allan Weiner on Nov 11, from which I learned: It is an ocean-
going tugboat and quite capable of the voyage to the Caribbean,
but will take it easy at 6-8 knots, so the trip to the still
secret island will last about two weeks. It's all finished and
ready to go, the latest delay caused by the need to hire a new
pilot, and one has just been signed up. Something called
Frontline International is now identified as funder of the
project, not Lightwave Mission Broadcasting. Weiner no longer
expects that Yesterday USA Network will be carried. There is a
single 10 kW SW transmitter and a smaller one as backup. Antenna
is an inverted-V without much gain, but the seawater will help.
Two more SW transmitters may be added later, and/or AM and FM.
Weiner was at Kennebunk, Maine, where he spends most of his time
though he does have a SW application pending for Monticello, ME
at the other end of the state. He says his part of the project,
installing the radio equipment, is done, and he has no plans to
be on the ship or broadcast programs himself. Becker said he was
speaking to me from aboard the vessel in East Boston; the project
has plenty of money and is fully funded, ready to leave when the
pilot arrives (Glenn Hauser, REVIEW OF INTERNATIONAL BROADCASTING
via WORLD OF RADIO 917)
			*********************

*In MASSACHUSETTS, the 105.3 spot on the Boston dial has come back to
life after pirate Rebel Music Radio's self-imposed demise.  The latest
unlicensed occupant of 105.3 is something called "WLMR," Local Music
Radio.
It's supposedly operating from the vicinity of Harvard Avenue
and Commonwealth Avenue, and its web page at
http://localmusicdirectory.com/wlmrmain.htm is appealing to building
owners for a rooftop on which to mount the transmitter.
( via North East Radio News )
			**********************

FREE RADIO BERKELEY:

Dear Readers,
We've all been wondering about the lawsuit against Free Radio Berkeley.
Today there was finally a decision by Judge Claudia Wilken. In Stephen
Dunifer's words, "We kicked their butts!". Judge Wilken turned down the
FCC's request for an injunction, refuted FCC claims that the case was
out of her jurisdiction, and ordered the FCC to answer questions
regarding whether their regulations violate the first amendment. We
salute Judge Wilken for making this brave decision. The FCC will
probably make an appeal, but this means that Free Radio Berkeley will
get to survive at least another year. We'll be getting more information
out as it becomes available, and check out the next AMPB report for an
update!
( via Paul Griffith )

		**********************
RADIO MARABU - GERMANY:

    RADIO MARABU WILL BE ON THE AIR THE FOLLOWING WEEKEND  !!!

Radio Marabu will be on the air again with another long time
transmission at the following weekend from Friday the 14th of November
starting at 18.00 hours UTC until Sunday the 16th of November at 18.00
hours UTC.

                       FREQUENCY IS   6 2 5 0  kHz.

>From Friday up to Saturday we will be featuring an all-time-experimental
programme with a special two hours programme produced by famous guys of
"BIG CITY ORCHESTRA" followed up by a two hours programme of
"Misanthropy 511", produced also at the States.

>From Saturday up to Sunday the programme line-up is as follows:

1st hour: "Gittare X Radioshow" with Marcel - German
2nd hour: "AbArt Radioshow" - Punk, Hardcore and more - German
3rd hour: "Flashback Radioshow" - Alternative Oldies
4th hour: "Dark Beat Radioshow" - the latest in Gothic, Wave and more

The programmes will be repeated on a four hour time slot.

Radio Marabu - P.O. Box 1166 - 49187 Belm - Germany
Tel.: 05406/899484 Fax: 05406/899485
E-mail: RadioMarabu@xxxxxxxxxxx
ULR: http://www.mediaDD.de/radiomarabu/

Thats it till next week