[HCDX]: Re: LOG: MW (Juke Box Memories)

Actually, the original "Wipe-Out" was recorded by the Surfaris in 1962
and released first as a 45RPM single on the DFS label.  Subsequently on
the Princess label, and finally on the Dot label.  The former two
releases are rare and valuable in mint condition.  The Dot release is
common.  The flip side on all releases was "Surfer Joe".  Their first LP
was also on the Dot label, but not enough material was in the can, so
another group appeared on the flip side.  Their next label was DECCA, and
all subsequent LPs were on DECCA (or related budget labels).  The
Chantays' claim to fame was "Pipeline", also released in 1962 on the
Downey label, and subsequently on Dot.

Jim               W4LC