[HCDX]: AIR CONTEST 1998

ASSOCIAZIONE ITALIANA RADIOASCOLTO

AIR Contest 1998 Attilio  Leoni

The AIR Contest 1998 "Attilio Leoni", will start at 1700UTC on January
3rd, 1998, and will end at midnight UTC on January 11th, 1998.
Participation
is open for all radiolisteners, AIR members and non members alike. The
Contest is divided into the following parts: First part: free listening
on 31 meters band between the range 9200 to 9995kHz, from January 3rd at
1700UTC to January 6th, 1998, at midnight UTC, in any language. Second
part: listening to programmes in any language of the following stations,
at any time from January 7th at 0000UTC to January 11th, 1998, at
midnight UTC (on broadcast frequencies between 150 and 26100kHz):
ALBANIA - Radio Tirana
ARMENIA - Voice of Armenia
AZERBAIJAN - Radio Baku
BANGLADESH - Radio Bangladesh
BELARUS - Radio Belarus
BOSNIA-HERCEGOVINA - R.Bosne i Hercegov.
BRAZIL - Radio Globo,Rio de Janeiro
BURKINA FASO - Radiodiff.Nat. du Burkina
CAMEROON - Radio Cameroon, Yaoundé
CHINA(TAIWAN) - Voice of Free China
CYPRUS - Cyprus Broadcasting Service
GERMANY - Deutsche Welle
GHANA - Ghana BC
INDIA - AIR Hyderabad
INDONESIA - Voice of Indonesia
IRAQ - Radio Iraq Int.
ISRAEL - Kol Israel
ITALY - RAI International
KOREA DPR - Radio Pyogyang
KUWAIT - Radio Kuwait
LESOTHO - Lesotho NBS
LYBIA - Libyan Jamahiriya Broadc.
MYANMAR - Voice of Myanmar
MONACO - Trans World Radio
NEPAL - Radio Nepal
NETHERLANDS - Radio Nederland
PORTUGAL - RDP Radio Portugal
RUSSIA - Voice of Russia
SENEGAL - Radiodiff. du Senegal
SWEDEN - Radio Sweden
SWITZERLAND - Swiss Radio Int.
TURKMENISTAN - Turkmen Radio
UAE - UAE Radio, Dubai
UNITED KINGDOM - BBC
USA - Voice of America
USA - WEWN Worldwide Catholic Radio
USA - Radio Marti
VATICAN - Radio Vaticana
VENEZUELA - Radio Tachira
YEMEN - Yemen Radio

Each station can be logged once. The listening report will have at least
15 minutes. Reports must contain all useful references (frequency, UTC
time, station name, language, the most important details for a good
valuation, SINPO code), technical data receiver, antenna and optionals).
The listening list, with your paticipation fee, must be sent to this
address:  Bruno PECOLATTO, AIR Contest Manager, via Soana  13, I-10085
PONT CANAVESE (TO) - ITALY < e-mail: pecolatto@xxxxxxxxx > Not later
than February 21st, 1998 (date of postmark). On their reports the
participant must indicate his name and surname, complete address and a
short declaration as follow: "I take the responsibility on myself that I
listened to all the stations reported during the time of validity of
contest". All details will be very important for a correct estimate of
the contest results and for additional controls the Contest Manager
could ask your audio-tape. During the contest some monitor stations will
listen off. Scores will be computed on a base of 101 = points for each
station deducting the participants percentage that listened to the same
station. Decimal will not be considered. A bonus of 200 points will be
awarded to all those who will report the highest number of programme
details for each station and not only generic terms such as news, music,
comments, etc. The participation fee is 6 IRCs to be sent with your
listening list to Contest Manager. Each participant will receive a
certificate of participation. Prizes list is the following: 1st prize:
AIWA WR-A70 world portable receiver (fm/mw/lW/sw 1-9) 2nd prize: a copy
of "QSL international radio databook" 3rd prize: AIWA HP-A071 stereo
headphones 4th prize: a radio amateur's world map Two AIRs pin, two
books for radiolisteners and one philatelix box will be drawn among all
the participants. For every add information, please write to Contest
Manager(see the address) and enclose one IRC.

A.I.R. QUESTIONNAIRE

If you choose your three favourite international DX programmes you will
get 100 extra points (to be filled in and sent to the Contest Manager)

A.I.R. Associazione Italiana Radioascolto, C.P. 1338, I-10100 Torino,
Italy *
e-mail: < air@xxxxxxxxx >
Radiorama, C.P. 873, I-34100 Trieste, Italy, e-mail:  <
radiorama@xxxxxxx >  Please propagate the rules of AIR Contest among all
DX radiolisteners.  Thank you!!!  (via B. Pecolatto, Italy)