[HCDX]: Re:

At 10:36 PM 12/6/97 +0300, you wrote:
>Please more info on Sundstrom accident!

I appreciate the concern all are expressing in e-mail and phone calls.
Bottom line is both of us are OK and it could have been very much worse.
I'll try not to bore anyone, and keep it short. My wife was badly bruised
by a seatbelt. I wound up in the hospital for 2 days as I had severe back
and leg pain and spasms, couldn't move my legs; I already suffer from
degenerative disc disease and back problems. Luckily no further mechanical
damage but my spine and legs are a bundle of nerves. My wife and I were
going out to Thanksgiving dinner. A car 2 car lengths in front signaled to
turn right into a wide driveway to a trailer park. We were going straight.
A flatbed tow truck in that driveway pulled out in front of us to make a
left turn to go in the opposite direction. At 40 mph, we had 30 feet to
stop. I had nowhere to go, as the truck was across both lanes and the
shoulder of the road. I locked up the brakes. The front of the car up to
the windshield went under the truck at its left door. He got a ticket, said
he didn't see us. I think he fixated on the car turning into the driveway
and didn't pay attention. I got a ride to the hospital, and the insurance
company is rebuilding the car to the tune of $6,000. We were very lucky.
Seatbelts worked; airbags never went off as the bumper with the air-bag
sensors never hit anything as it went under the truck.

--
 Thomas R. Sundstrom                               trs@xxxxxxxx
 TRS Consultants                                   http://www.trsc.com