Re: [HCDX]: modification of the Lowe HF 150

Re: [HCDX]: modification of the Lowe HF 150

>Hallo, Hans,
>
>for modification of HF 100 please contact
>
>Wolfgang FRANTA
>OE3WFA
>Karl-Föderl-Strasse 10
>
>A-3032 Eichgraben
>Austria

I can highly recommend his modifications, which includes

-frequency display in steps of 100 Hz instead of 1 kHz
-new and better LC display, including a S-Meter (which can be calibrated if
you have the measuring equipment)
-1000 memories (for each memory you can also store up to 16 letters for a
station_s name as well as a good listening time (like greyline)
-built in clock
-V.24 interface for communications with a PC based database (f.e. telling
the radio all the active Bolivian frequencies and then just jump from one
memory to another)

I do not want to miss this features any more. I did not check the interface
yet, but for the next DX camp I am planning to copy all channels of
interest into the memories. Should be quite comfortable, as one can search
also by time and/or by selected groups of stations, and one will see the
station_s name one is looking for. But the editor does not seem to be very
comfortable - any software expert online who knows how to import Excel
files into this ASCII editor?

BTW: My HF 150 is not for sale ;-)))

73s, Willi

     _/_/  Willi H. Passmann
    _/_/  Oberhausener Str. 100
   _/_/  45476 Muelheim, Germany
  _/_/  Tel./Fax: ++49-208-779399 (National 0208-779399)
 _/_/  E-Mail dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx