Re: [HCDX]: UNID 1640 and 1680

> The best NA-transatlantic conditions here for the last 20 years I think.
> Two UNID stations on 1640 and 1680 with a women telling temperatures and I
> think wind in cities in USA.
> On 1680 I heard a WQ?? . Both stations have the same talk and information.
>
> Some new stations or what???

Stefan... I have a wild guess. You might have heard first TIS stations
in Europe. Dallas Forth Worth's airports information stations are on
those 2 frequencies. These stations were heard widely around U.S.A.
last spring so they apparently have more power than normal TIS stations.

Yours,

--
Risto Kotalampi, Hayward, California
rko@xxxxxx - http://www.iki.fi/rko/