Re: [HCDX]: Is somebody interested in a DX-test from R5-Salamanca?...f.up

Re: [HCDX]: Is somebody interested in a DX-test from R5-Salamanca?...f.up

On Fri, 2 Jan 1998 21:12:31 (+0000) Mauricio Molano <mmolano@xxxxxxxxxx>
writes:

>> Hi friends,
>> With the current reception conditions it could be interesting. Post
>me some lines if you are interested.  I'm thinking in the next
friday(jan 2)
>to saturday(3) night. If there is a sufficient number of request I'll
>> do the needed job!.
>>
>> RNE-Radio 5 Salamanca.
>>
>Only one request for a Dx-test broadcast from R5-Salamanca (where I
>work)...Well, a simple ID system has been mounted and It is running now
>(from 19.00 to tomorrow morning). An ID in morse code is broadcasted
near > the time signals at minutes .30 and .00, and from 00.00 UTC voice
will be > > > added on the top of the hour. All is played by an AMIGA
computer.
>If you hear something, your report will be welcomed at:
>
>RNE-Radio 5
>Para Mauricio Molano
>Plaza de Colón 4
>37008 SALAMANCA
>SPAIN.
>
>ONLY RECORDED REPORTS WILL BE QSLed!!!!

Thank you for the DX test, however, it would have been beneficial to have
received more advance notice.  I did see your original post a few days
ago (it's included at the top of this message).  But, the Subject line of
your message as received here had been truncated, and only read "Is
somebody interested...", and the body of the original message didn't
mention that you were offering a DX test from RNE-5.

Had this been clear, I assure you I would have sent you my request
immediately.  I arranged DX tests from mediumwave stations here in the
United States and Canada for several years.  And, it was great fun!

A few questions, I presume the frequency is 855 kHz?  And, I see the
start time is listed as 1900.  Is this UTC, or is it 1900 local time
there in Spain?  Also, at what time will this special test end?

If you could, please consider another DX test from RNE-855 in the near
future, with plenty of advance notice so that mention of the test can be
circulated more widely here in the United States.  There are 2 mediumwave
DX clubs here in the U.S. whose DX bulletins would be happy to publicize
your test.  Also, there is an Internet mail list for mediumwave, FM and
TV DX enthusiasts;  it's

amfmtvdx@xxxxxxxxx

That would be a wonderful list to post the test notice to.

If you decide to do this test again, I will be happy to help you inform
as many DX Club bulletins and publications here in the United States as
possible.

Best wishes and 73,

J.D. Stephens - Madison, AL, U.S.A.
jdstephens@xxxxxxxx