Re: [HCDX]: Re: Euro/NA opening collapsed

At 12.21 7.1.1998 +0200, you wrote:
>Yes, a nice beginning.  VOWR 800 heard here in Finland
>despite St.Petersburg 801 kHz megawatter around 2050UTC.

I think the interfering station was Bayerischer Rundfunk from Germany, in
my mind St. Petersburg has been inactive for a long time. I should know it
because I live less than 200 km away from St. Petersburg! That may be of
news value for our North American colleagues, who wonder why such a strong
tx is not heard.

>trans-Atlantic conds had collapsed...

Yes, nothing heard now with K-index being 5, and I would have had 3 days
off from work!  But let's see what will be available around 20th January!

73 Mauno Ritola
Lappeenranta
Finland