Re: [HCDX]: Re: A Index & MW DXing

Hi Dave et al,

>While on the discussion of good MW conditions.. has anyone come up with any
>good theory on what conditions are likely to be like regarding the A Index or
> in our case the K Index..

I don't think the A index alone is a good indicator of reception as one of the
best ever W Coast NA openings I've heard was when the A index was nigh on 100!
And I would agree that sometimes when the A index is low, reception CAN be
poor. NZ DXer Peter Chambers monitored various indicies and concluded that we
couldn't hear Argentina, Brazil, Uruguay, Paraguay unless the A index was over
14.  As for the K index, I've never been able to make any conclusions in
respect to K index variations.

73s Paul