Re: [HCDX]: Re: A Index & MW DXing

Hi All

> >Yes, nothing heard now with K-index being 5, and I would have had 3 days
> >off from work!  But let's see what will be available around 20th January!

While on the discussion of good MW conditions.. has anyone come up with any
good theory on what conditions are likely to be like regarding the A Index or
in our case the K Index..

Over Christmas we had a few days of the A index being on or close to zero.
Conditions here in Australia were terrible and a few us had the feeling that
things were too quiet.. that we needed a little bit of activity for stations to
propagate long distances..

Someone once wrote that an A Index of 12 was quite good.. Has anyone bothered
to keep any records of what conditions were like at the times of great dx..

I know that we do get the odd enhancement prior to storms..

Cheers
Dave
  ,-._|\  David Onley donley@xxxxxxxxxx
 /  Oz  \ Never lose site of the bigger