Re: [HCDX]: Some more great TA conditions tonight!

W.A. Merriman wrote:

> >1521 Saudi Arabia very strong @ 0023
> >1251 Saudi Arabia again? (tentative) @0003
> >1089 Russia? (tentative) @ 0038
> >1098: music possibly Slovakia? (tentative) @ 0047
> >
> 1089 is Talk Radio, UK.  Why would you think it is Russia?

Well, I couldn't quite make it out  & looking at the power of the
stations on this freq. with the WRTH, I saw 1.2 MW for Russia. I just
guessed that the stronger of these would be more easily heard. Thanks
for this information Al.

You have to understand I'm still a novice at this & learning more
everyday. I try very hard to wait and hear the ID for each station I'm
listening to. But when the station goes down to noise, its very
difficult and time consuming. I always tape all my catches, and have
alot of tape to review from last night.

My question for the pros out there is: On 549 I hear Arabic talk, is
this Algeria or Saudi and how does one know which one it is? From what
I understand Arabic is widely spoken in Algeria as well as French.

Thanks so much,
Gary in NJ still learning....