[HCDX]: N Korean Soldier Radio (no, not again!)

[HCDX]: N Korean Soldier Radio (no, not again!)

NORTH KOREA

Radio for the Soldiers at the Frontline is apparently back in working order
with its activity being kept up for the fourth day in a row, normally
1400-2000 in KK on 1613v. The resumption of this station's regular activity
coincides with the presumed overall improvement in North Korea's electric
power supply earlier this month, when most of Radio Pyongyang and Korean
Central BS/Pyongyang BS outlets returned to the air. Brief browouts are
still observed frequently, causing the audio to go silent or the signal to
disappear altogether for up to several minutes at most. So far, the two
shortwave frequencies have remained completely silent since October.

Now that this appears to be a normally active station, I don't wish to
waste the Hard-Core-DX bandwidth with these "they're on again tonight"
reports anymore.  I will keep watching them, but will only report when
further irregularity is noted. I will in the meantime maintain a web page
for those interested to share in my daily night watch.

The "unofficial home page" of Radio for the Soldiers at the Frontline is a
click away from my "DXing North Korea" page on the Web.

BTW, isn't it strange that the WRTH has never mentioned this station
despite its continued existence for several years?

Sonny