[HCDX]: R.San Marino Intl. once again...

From:     Karel Honzik                      Date: 14 JAN 1998 (Wednesday)
     Plzen, CZECH REPUBLIC (Czechia), Europe
     khonzik@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
** As the Sun sinks slowly in the west, it is time for another DX session **

Let me add a little bit to the discussion on Radio San Marino International.
Some of us ask: does the station really broadcast from San Marino or from
Germany or from other place?
Some would like to have a new country in their personal list.
Graham J. Barclay asks "to clear up this issue once and for all".

My personal opinion is that San Marino is not a new country for us,
regardless of the fact that Radio San Marino Int. swears ten times that
it really broadcasts from the teritorry of S.M.
Well, maybe it is true, it is not difficult to take a car or a van
with broadcasting equipment and go to San Marino (it is in fact located
"inside" a teritorry of Italy).
But, on the other hand, the people behind RSMI may be too lazy to go
to San Marino, so they simply broadcast from Florence, Milano, Rome etc...
and pretend to broadcast from San Marino. You never know at a pirate
station...
That is why we cannot add San Marino as a new country, although we have got
a very nice certificate declaring that we have really heard a station
from the Republic of San Marino.

GOOD DX !

Karel Honzik