Re: [HCDX]: Re: WRTH Future

Even though the WRTH is not a perfect publication it would be tough to
replace it.

The feature that I use (that I do not know of an alternate source) is
looking for parallel frequncies. Just go to the country and there it all
is.  Well almost all you do have to check Domestic and then International.

Impossible to check for parallels with Passport.

Tropical Band list is useful for this but only on the Tropicals.

HFCC list maybe, but only on the PC unless you choose to print this beast,
and even then I don't believe there is enough info (such as language).

Least useful is the TV listings.

Also annoying in WRTH lack of correct info- example in the 1998 editon
there is no listing for WWV on 5 mHz (in the masterFrequency list) yet its
listed in 1997. How did it manage to get dropped?

Needless to say loss of this publication would be detrimental to the hobby.

Perhaps if it does fold, it will come back published by someone else
without all the annoyances but with the best still there.

Dan