Re: [HCDX]: WHRA testing/latin 6010,2

On Fri, 23 Jan 1998 10:24:37 +0200 (EET) Jorma Mantyla
<jmantyla@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>Some more loggings:
>9400	23.1.	0655	WHRA w test, heard last night
>also on
>			15460 and 13760 kHz.
>			-Where is Greenbush ME? Can't find it on
>			my Rand McNally RoadAtlas. Is this actually
>			a new stn or World Harvest Radio
>			using the old facilities of Radio Monitor
>			International?  WRTH 1993 indicates that
>			their transmitter was located at Scotts
>			Corners ME (where is it?) 68.34W/45.09N
>			while WRTH 1997 gives the coordinates for
>			Greenbush as 68.33W/45.08N.  As far as I
>			remember the former WCSN site was sold
>			a couple of years ago.  Is WHRA now using
>			that site? Any info?

Greenbush, Maine is approximately 20 miles Northeast of the city of
Bangor, Maine.  The former WCSN was sold to a religious group which
operated the stations under the callsign "WVHA - World Voice of Historic
Adventism", a group which I am told, is not to be confused with the
Seventh Day Adventists.  They identified their station site as Olamon,
Maine, which is right next to Greenbush.  It seems that there is no city
or town listed called "Scott's Corner", and I speculate that it is a
non-incorporated community which, according to the geographical
coordinates, puts it "right next door" to Greenbush.

I have read no information that the transmitter site was actually moved -
either when operated as WCSN,  WVHA, or upon the sale of the station to
Le Sea Broadcasting (WHRI/WHRA/KWHR parent organization).  I suspect it
never moved, just that the town or community the respective broadcasting
organizations chose to identify as their transmitter site changed based
merely upon the preferences of each.

You might send an E-mail to Joe Brashier or Joe Hill at World Harvest
Radio through their web page (http://www.whri.com/), as they might be
able to give you some more detailed information than I.

73,

J.D. Stephens
jdstephens@xxxxxxxx