Re: [HCDX]: Unfair DX ???

>My friend was listening for a while and then he said:
>"But it is not fair! Would you really be pleased of such stations that
>a machine recorded for you and you just came later and picked them up
>from the tape? I do not know if I would display QSL cards of such stations
>to other DXers saying - look what stations I catched on a DXpedition.
>I think the only fair way is to discover the station, to choose the
>right antenna, to get rid of noise and QRM by choosing the USB or LSB etc.
snip

If one are experienced enough to choose the right antenna, the right
frequency and the right time for a recording, to get rid of noise and QRM
by choosing the USB or LSB etc. BEFORE the wanted signal becomes audible
(just because one knows from which frequency an interfering signal can be
expected), this can hardly be an argument not to call it DXing.

>What do you say - you DXpeditionists who bring home 100 or 200 hours
>of recorded "mess"; what do you say - you DXers who let your machines
>"DX" for you while you are in work or outside with your girlfriend :-)

Well, I intend a little DXpedition to the island of Tobago in March. My
girl friend obviously calls it vacation. Maybe I will use a recorder from
time to time to keep her in this belief.
:-)))

>...only once per year. The tapes help to make the expedition much longer,
>they help to bring the DXP atmosphere into your DX shack for the following
>weeks or even months. And it is not a bad feeling, is it?

Not at all.

73s,
Willi

--
If you want to know how to maximize bureaucracy, minimize social standards
and human rights, and rise prices at the same time, just ask a politician