[HCDX]: Glenn Hauser's SW/DX Feb 19

       GLENN HAUSER'S SHORTWAVE/DX REPORT 98-07, Feb 19, 1998

WORLD OF RADIO WEBSITE, http://www.grove.net/~ghauser will be closing by
March 1 as grove.net will no longer be available.
Suggestions are welcome on a good new free host (Hauser)

THIS WEEK ON WORLD OF RADIO 929. PsyOps unit heads for the Gulf;
current Iraq SW activity; Mongolia's problems with unauthorized
website; more new transmitters in China; VORGAN about to close;
BBCM reasserts that V. of Free Nigeria comes from Africa; R.
Yugoslavia planning relays via China, USA; MW expanded band
news; and most of the stories below (Hauser)

CUBA?  Whilst trying to monitor Murtiwave Feedback on RKI 9650
via Canada, Sun Feb 15 around 1145, there was heavy interference
from a buzz in a very regular pattern--9 seconds on, 16 seconds
off, peaking at 9640, but covering 9620-9655 and also around
9535. In a case like this, one naturally suspects Cuba, in this
case the 9550 transmitter (Glenn Hauser, OK, WORLD OF RADIO 929)

MEXICO. XERTA, 4800, may resume testing this week, says Julian
Santiago on a Radio-Enlace interview Feb 13. I checked Feb 18
around 0300 and heard nothing but Guatemala, 0400 and nothing
but Lesotho. He is also still calling for listener letters to
R. Mil urging them to split 6010 from MW for original SW
programming, including the DX show he wants to produce (Glenn
Hauser, WORLD OF RADIO 929)

NICARAGUA. I keep seeing reports of R. Miskut mentioning their
FM station with an uncertain name. This was explained in my DX
report of July 10, 1997, on World of Radio 901, and subsequently
in Monitoring Times:

The FM operations are currently going by the name "Radio Bilwi".
Bilwi is the indigenous name for the city of Puerto Cabezas,
Nicaragua. Later there may be some differences in program material
on the SW and FM frequencies. More later. (John C. Freeman,
Tech Systems, July 2 on WORLD OF RADIO 901 via Hauser, Feb 19)

ROMANIA. Keeping the "Why don't they turn that awful noise off"
award in the neighborhood following Grigoriopol's buzz on 7125,
is the home service on 17850, as IDed by Kai Ludwig. I have been
hearing a continuous roar with traces of audio, such as Feb 17
at 1329, and still there after 1400 when it interferes badly with
France (Glenn Hauser, OK, WORLD OF RADIO 929)               ###