Re: [HCDX]: Another Noise Source - Revisited

Re: [HCDX]: Another Noise Source - Revisited

Hello, all

Years ago I did purchase a wireless phone (1.7/49 MHz or so), (Panasonic,
don'tn remember model)and it produced noise over the 17/18 MHz, too.  The
problem was progressive and the noise was spreading over other bands.

>         Radio Shack Wireless Phone Jack System, 43-160
>         States that it complies with Parts 15 & 68 of FCC rules
>         FCC Reg Number:  AAOMLA-24509-RJ-N
>         Also, whatever this means  REN: 0.7B

REN is the "Ringer Equivalence Number", this is used to determine how many
devices you may connect to your phone line and still have all of those
ringing when your number is called.

Generally, the sum of the REN of all devices should be under 5.0 , but it
may vary on each location or phone company. Any way i don't know the meanig
of the letter "B"

Saludos.

Humberto Molina