[HCDX]: RE: Voz Cristiana

[ This was for a e-mail reception report of 5 March. ]

Dear Mr Sundstrom

Thank you for your reception report.  I confirm that the details you sent
are correct and that you did indeed hear our station.

Voz Cristiana is a sister station to Radio Christian Voice (Zambia), both
are projects
funded by the UK charity Christian Vision.  Christian Vision has a web site
at

http://www1f.btwebworld.com/christian-vision/.  In 1996 Christian Vision
acquired the site and facilities of the former Radio Nacional de Chile
which went off the air many years before.  A licence application for
shortwave services to Latin America is in the final stages of being
processed and when granted the station Voz Cristiana will lauch officially.

The services planned are to Mexico and Central America, to northern South
America and Caribbean, to southern South America (all in Spanish) and to
Brazil in Portuguese.  The principal studios for the station will be
located in Miami, linked to Santiago by satellite, and programming will be
exclusively of a Christian nature but of interest to a wider audience.

The facilities at the station include:
- 8 Harris SW100 transmitters
- 3 TCI-527 log periodic antennas pointing at 340 deg, 0 deg, and 60 deg.
These will be used for services to Mexico, northern South America and
Brazil, respectively.
- 2x1 horizontal dipole pointing 0/180 deg, with 30 deg slew.  This will be
used for the service to southern South America.
- 4 TCI-611 4x4 curtain antennas pointing variously towards Europe, Africa,
Asia.

The engineers of the station are currently preparing the transmitters for
long-term operation at 70kW, and a review of the frequencies the station
will use is in progress.

It is true that we have been tentatively testing on 21550kHz (intended to
Mexico), however since there are various legalities regarding the licence
still to be completed I must emphasize that these tests have been TENTATIVE
and it would be premature for me to release further details of our test
plans and frequency schedule at this stage.  Of course I will be thrilled
to publicise these as much as possible as soon as I am able.  I hope you
understand.

With best wishes

Andrew Flynn
Chief Engineer
Voz Cristiana S.A., Emisora Christian Vision (Chile) Ltda.
Casilla 490-3
Santiago
Chile

tel +56 2 855 7046
fax +56 2 855 7053
e-mail
(engineering) vozing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(admin) vozcrist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

----------
> De: Thomas R. Sundstrom <trs@xxxxxxxx>
> A: vozing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Asunto: Voz Cristiana
> Fecha: Jueves 5 de Marzo de 1998 07:47 PM
>
> I have been listening to your test broadcast on 21.550 MHz since 18 UT,
now
> for about two hours, and the signals are fair to good. There is some
> trans-equatorial fading, but it is not too bad. The English-language
> identifications are at 10 and 40 minutes past the hour; the
> Spanish-language at 00 and 30 minutes past the hour.
>
> I am in central New Jersey, USA, using a Lowe HF-150 and a 25m vertical
> wire into the top of a tree.
>
> Can you tell me something about your station? Do you have a Web site?
>
> Good luck with your test broadcasts. Regards,
>

> Tom Sundstrom
>
> --
>  Thomas R. Sundstrom                               trs@xxxxxxxx
>  TRS Consultants
> <http://www.trsc.com/>http://www.trsc.com
>  PO Box 2275, Vincentown, NJ 08088-2275, USA
>  +1 609 859 2447 | Fax +1 609 859 3226
>  < Contrib Editor, Radio Netherlands' (<http://www.rnw.nl/>www.rnw.nl)
Media