[HCDX]: Radio Fest 98

MEDIA RELEASE #1  March 8, 1998

RADIO FEST 98

The Ontario DX Association invites radio enthusiasts of all interests and
all levels to join us for the event of the year, Radio Fest 98. This 1998
convention of the ODXA promises to be one of the best events in recent
years for radio hobbyists.

Regular releases will be distributed and we invite you to pass them on to
anyone whom you believe would be interested. Here are the details to this
time:

Dates: Friday, October 2 through Sunday, October 4

Location: Mohawk College, Hamilton, Ontario

Theme: "Communications Into Our Future"

Registration Fees : $15 for the entire convention, $5 for one-day
attendance

Accomodations : local hotels and motels

Topics to be Covered (more will be added as we line up speakers and
presenters) : Antenna Basics; Mediumwave Loop Building Workshop; History of
Canadian Radio; Introduction to Shortwave Radio; Game Show (a fun event for
everyone); Radio Astronomy.

Saturday Night Banquet : A keynote speaker will be announced shortly.

Prizes : Many exciting prizes will be available in our traditional raffle.

Contact for further information:
World Wide Web : http://www.grove.net/~odxa/  [Note that this will change
soon, due to the sale of Grove.net]
E-mail : 70400.2660@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Snail Mail : Ontario DX Association, P.O. Box 161, Station A, Willowdale,
Ontario M2N 5S8, Canada