Re: [HCDX]: Fw: [AmFmTvDx] TV QSL Requests

Re: [HCDX]: Fw: [AmFmTvDx] TV QSL Requests

> > Are people too busy in life today to bother with such quarries, or is it
> > that they are so new to the business that they just don't care about a
> > distant viewer ??????
> >
> > I consider QSLing the other half of this hobby and it saddens me to see
> > it evaporate away.
> >
> > I can only wonder what others are experiencing out there as well.  Is
> > there a need for me to start a support group for rejected DXers ???   Is
> > that where we old timer DXers will end up, in a recovery group ???
> >
> > Hi, Im Mike Rejected DXalcoholic......................

    I would add that it is even a bit of a mistake for stations to be cold
    about this. I can understand TV stations being outside this loop, but
    when I got my first shortwave radio a few years ago, I found that
    lack of response from stations caused a lack of interest on my part
    in listening to the stations themselves. One doesn't just flip a
    shortwave station on like it's the local news: one has to find a place
    to buy a radio and then pay an often considerable amount of money for
    it.  QSLing made me feel like a participant, so that when neither
    France or Spain, for example, responded to repeated attempts, I began to
    look at them as cold corporate entities, never again fully believing
    the "friendly talk" I heard in their broadcasts. And, right or wrong,
    the feeling has never left me.

    Gary Otteson