[HCDX]: THE KIWI RADIO WEEKLY VOLUME SEVENTEEN - NUMBER ONE

[HCDX]: THE KIWI RADIO WEEKLY VOLUME SEVENTEEN - NUMBER ONE

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~THE KIWI RADIO WEEKLY~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
==================  Year Two - 1998  ==================

----- P O BOX 3103, ONEKAWA, NAPIER, NEW ZEALAND.------

Editor:   Graham J Barclay            Email:  kiwiradio@xxxxxxxxxxx
Phone:   0064-6-835-9106
Fax:      0064-6-835-9186
WWW site:      http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/9885

Assistance kindly provided by:
SRS NEWS, Sweden.  http://www.lls.se/jal/index.html
`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
# 68
		VOLUME  SEVENTEEN - NUMBER ONE

May 3rd 1998

Hello again DXer's and Radio Friends.

Some items of Interest for you below.

KIWI RADIO will be conducting some voice tests from it's standby
transmitter at 08.00 UTC on 7475 KHz USB on May 10th 1998.
More info can be gained from:<kiwiradio@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Onto other news

			***************************

Antique Radio Classified reviews "Access to the Airwaves"
  			VISIT
http://www.antiqueradio.com/bookrev2_05-98.html

( via Anita L McCormick: ) <ANITAMCRADIO@xxxxxxxxxxx>

			***********************

FM&TV DX WEB Page Press Release!

Just a short notice as we only are a few weeks away from the first Es
openings on FM and TV here in Europe. The FM&TV DX WEB Page at
www.sci.fi/~bkl in Finland has got it´s links page updated with over 110
new links related to European FM and TV DXing.

FM&TV DX WEB Page also offers an Email discussion list for all DXers
interested in European + surrounding areas FM/TV
DX.

Later this week FM&TV DX WEB Page will also launch a competition in
which You have to identify different FM stations based on audio clips.
Stay tuned!

Thank you for Your attention!

Bo-Kristian Lindqvist "BKL"       Email: <bkl@xxxxxx>

			**************************

*NEW* S W L  W E B R I N G

There is now a new SWL web ring and all are welcome to join:
<http://www.swl.net/><http://www.swl.net>
--
Brian Short <k7on@xxxxxxx>
http://www.qsl.net/k7on

			****************************

RADIORAMA ON THE WEB:

Hola amigos DXistas!
Desde hoy resulta cargada la nueva version 1.2 del Sitio "Radiorama On
Web", con 86 pages de DXismo, de informaciones generales, de especifica
informacion LA: en esta edicion, en lo especifico, se actualiza la Lista
de Estaciones Andinas y se procude la nueva Lista de Emisoras LA de onda
corta.
Visitenos y nos dejen un comentario y/o una colaboracion, para
mejorarnos!

73's de FC
Francisco Luis Clemente (fclemente@xxxxxxx)
Udine, Italia.

radiorama@xxxxxxx
http://www.radiorama.it
			***************************

: 	 New FRSH site & address from the 9 th of May

FRS-H has to switch from Internetprovider.

This change will take effect on:

====> saturday the 9th of May

This change will have immediate effect on our site. There *won't* be a
link from the old location to the new one !!

The new location will be:

HTTP://WWW.GIRONET.NL/HOME/FREAK55

We used two E-mailers for the same I-account:

frsh@xxxxxx

and

freak55@xxxxxx

They both will expire. Mail send to these addresses *after*
the 9th of May will only be forwarded to the new account until
June, 1st.

So please change our address on all your mailinglists, private lists
etc. from the 9th onwards.

The new E-mailer will be:

freak55@xxxxxxxxxx

Of course, the other account from Peter Verbruggen will remain as it
is: peter.verbruggen@xxxxxx

Please tell all your (Internet) friends,

Thanks !

FRS-H ** The quality-one on SW **

E-mail:        FRSH@xxxxxx / or: / Peter.verbruggen@xxxxxx
Homepage FRSH: http://home.pi.net/~freak55/home.htm
Post address:  FRS-H PO box 2727 6049ZG Herten / The Netherlands /

			******************************

ANTENNEX # 13 - Out Now !!!!

Our issue for May 1998 is now in the Library. It is our 13th monthly
issue and we have completed our first year with over 85,000 reader
visits and now running at 15,000 reader visits/mo. (180,000/yr).

We are pleased to announce another regular monthly has been added for
all to read, "Ham WorkShop" written by August Hoecker, W8MIA. Also, we
have added another Archive (Archive II) of 44 additional past articles!

Now, this month's new issue for May 1998 is another good one:

1) Horizontal v Vertical Polarization
2) Antenna Resistance
3) DDRR An Antenna for Small Spaces
4) Russian Monopole Mystery
5) Antenna Height Effects on Angle of Radiation & Gain
6) Folding Telescope Mast from Down Under
7) Dr. Boyer's DDRR Antenna Explained
8) DDRR Antenna-The Math (w/math program download)

Also, for those who haven't looked at the "Preview Article" section,
fresh
articles now appear. Enjoy!

...antenneX Online: http://www.antennex.com/

Thanks and 73, Jack
E-mail: jack@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Voice: 512.855.0250 | | Fax: 512.851.8278
P.O. Box 72022, Corpus Christi, TX 78472

			*************************

		ADDRESS CHANGES:

New Address:
Radio Foxfire, Victoria and Black Arrow.
Also Atlantis uses this address
P.O.Box 128
9410 AC Beilen
Netherlands

***** Box 13 Westerbork is closed. *****

There are a lot of letters now for Atlantis on the old address but I
don't believe that Atlantis on 3,93325 is the same station as the
Atlantis from Beilen.

FRESH NEWS!!!
Just now I ended a phone-call with Atlantis (76mb), some info:
Power:  30-35 Watts
Antenna:        4m high!!
Address:        Ytterby!

letter to the list, and the list will forward it to ALL subscribers!
So if you want to send information / questions / argue with / to people,
just send ONE letter to the SRSNEWS-L mailinglist! It can't be more
easy!

So, step by step to subscribe:
1. create a new letter
2. To: listserv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
3. Mailbody: subscribe srsnews-l Your name

No subject and please no signature!
After sending that, you will get a reply within 5-10 seconds, asking you
to confirm your e-mail address. Reply to that letter, erase ALL text and
write
"ok" (without the ""). You will then receive 2 letters from the
listserver.
The mailing adsress for SRSNEWS-L is: SRSNEWS-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
That address can ONLY be used by those subscribing to this service!

Have fun!
Jonny @ SRS

VIA:
   _____   ____   _____ SRS-World Wide Information
  / ___/  / __ \ / ___/ http://www.lls.se/jal/
  \__ \  / /_/ / \__ \  Address:SRS, Ostra Porten 29, 442 54
Ytterby,Sweden
 ___/ / / _, _/ ___/ /  e-mail: srs@xxxxxxxxx or jal@xxxxxx
/____/ /_/ |_| /____/   ICQ: 3011020

			****************************

RADIO COCHIGUAZ - SOUTH AMERICA:

The following is the planned transmissions of Radio Cochiguaz for the
next weekend. Times are UTC:

Sat 2 May, 98.
6980 khz LSB    relaying KIWI RADIO 2345(Fri)-0045 hours.
6950 khz LSB    relaying KIWI RADIO 0100-0200 hours.
6950 khz LSB    relaying RADIO SUE 0215-0315 hours.
                These transmissions directly from somewhere in SAm.

If we have more free time, we will relay more stations, please check on
this weekend in other times the segment between 6950 & 6980 khz.
· Only snail mail will be confirmed with a QSL card. Pls include 2 IRCs
for the postal fees. Thanks.

Contact addr.:
· Kiwi Radio (direct)
Box 3103
Onekawa
Napier
New Zealand.
E-mail: kiwiradio@xxxxxxxxxxx
PH: 0064-6-835-9106  / Fax : 0064-6-835-9186

· Radio Sue (direct)
C/-   P.O.Box 3103
        Onekawa
        Napier
        New Zealand
E-Mail: radiosue@xxxxxxxxxxx

· Radio Cochiguaz (via):
RC
Casilla 2571
1000 Buenos Aires
Argentina
E-mail: radio.cochiguaz@xxxxxxx      or       rc@xxxxxxxxx

73,

Cachito Mamani
Radio Cochiguaz
			********************

        SWRS SCHEDULE FOR THE WEEK-END:

Friday May 1st and Saturday May 2nd, 1998
on 15.025 kHz USB, 19 m.b., from 06.30 UTC to 11.00 UTC;
Sunday May 3rd 1998
on 11.515 kHz USB, 25 m.b., from 06.30 UTC to 11.00 UTC.

Please always check our home page for the last updating.

We wait for your reception reports (please send e-mail for reception
conditions on 19 m.b., thanks !). Good listening,

The reception reports are welcome to:
SWRS - Postfach 220342 - 42373 Wuppertal - GERMANY
or by e-mail  to: swrs@xxxxxxx

Best 73s
Steve, SWRS

SHORT WAVE RELAY SERVICE
Broadcasting facilities for free radio
address  : Postfach 220342 - 42373 Wuppertal - Germany
e-mail   : swrs@xxxxxxx
home page: http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/7568

			*****************************

RADIO FREE LONDON:

Radio Free London will be broadcasting on
5805kHz across the UK Bank Holiday weekend.

Sunday 3rd

Terry Philips
Andy Walker
Kenny Myers
Jodie

Monday 4th (Bank Holiday)

Eric May (2 hrs)
Tony Randall
Dave Double-Decks

News:

The old RFL mail drop (Box 99) was visited by the Police back in
February, which we belive  was under orders from the DTI. This mailing
address was closed at the end of February when a move to Cedex was made.
We plan to open a new  London mailing address very soon with the high
profile WC1 post code. We also hope to have a new phone line in
operation again very soon. If these new modes of communication are
visited, or switched off, then we know for sure the DTI are listening
and are trying  to make life hard for us.

Other news:

Lots happening in the free radio rumors department.

Andy Walker quits EMR after Barry Stevens try's to impose
censorship on his programming.

Snail mail: RFL, BP 130, 92504 Rueil, Cedex, France.
Email: RFLsw@xxxxxxx
Check out the RFL web site at: http://193.63.162.100/gh/sw/RFL.htm

Until next week - Good Dxing

73's