[HCDX]: THE KIWI RADIO WEEKLY VOLUME SEVENTEEN - NUMBER TWO

[HCDX]: THE KIWI RADIO WEEKLY VOLUME SEVENTEEN - NUMBER TWO

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~THE KIWI RADIO WEEKLY~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
==================  Year Two - 1998  ==================

----- P O BOX 3103, ONEKAWA, NAPIER, NEW ZEALAND.------

Editor:   Graham J Barclay            Email:  kiwiradio@xxxxxxxxxxx
Phone:   0064-6-835-9106
Fax:      0064-6-835-9186
WWW site:      http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/9885

Assistance kindly provided by:
SRS NEWS, Sweden.  http://www.lls.se/jal/index.html
`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
# 69
		VOLUME  SEVENTEEN - NUMBER TWO

May 10th 1998

Hi there again Folks,

We hope your week went well in all ways.

KIWI RADIO will try to do some voice tests at 08.00 UTC Sunday May 10th
1998 on 7475 KHz USB.
These tests will last only about 5 minutes - so good luck.

If you know of ANY Free / Pirate station that has a WWW site, please let
us know, so that we can link our site to theirs.

Talking of pirates there would "Appear" to be a small FM pirate
operating in Hastings , Hawke's Bay, New Zealand . ( This station is
in NO WAY connected with us ).

The station is on air periodically under the name "Skunk-FM" on the
New Zealand unallocated section of the FM band, at 102.90 MHz
( New Zealand stations operate only between 88.2 MHz and 101.00 MHz at
present.)

Onto other news this week to arrive at: <kiwiradio@xxxxxxxxxxx>

			*******************

DAY OF ACTION - "Micro Radio V's FCC"

 We were originally planning a day of action for May 13th.  It looks
like we will have to re-schedule that day.
Sorry about the confusion!  -Paul Griffin

Defenders of the 1st Amendment,
I have just been notified that my sentencing has been postponed due to
the illness of the prosecutor's mother.
The judge will have to set a new sentencing date and we will have to
wait
until that information is available.
At least this will allow some additional opportunity to organize
further.
Lonnie

http://home1.gte.net/lkobres

http://www.trail.com/~ami/tampa_radio_bust.htm

( via Paul_W._Griffin@xxxxxxxx (Paul W. Griffin) )

			**************************

TRANSATLANTIC RADIO

This sunday a test 51 meter 5815/5820 from transatlantic radio

1000 hrs local Europe time

I hope you find the time to listen and report me.

Have a very good weekend and a good free radio weekend .

			********************

SWRS:

- Sunday May 10th, 1998 (site b) on 11.515 kHz USB 07.00-11.00 UTC

- 07.00-08.00 Crazy Wave Radio - German/English
- 08.00-08.30 SWRS Radio - English
- 08.30-09.00 Con Frequencia - Spanish
- 09.00-10.00 Crazy Wave Radio (repeat)
- 10.00-10.30 SWRS Radio (repeat)
- 10.30-11.00 Con Frequencia (repeat)

- Sunday May 17th, 1998 (site a)
on   7.480   (alt. 7.590) kHz AM  - 07.30-11.00 UTC
and on 11.515 (alt. 11.470) kHz USB - 07.30-13.00 UTC

- 07.30-08.00 Radio Silver - Italian
- 08.00-08.30 Play Dx Music - Italian
- 08.30-09.00 Crazy Wave Radio (1st half) - German/English
- 09.00-09.30 Radio Silver (repeat)
- 09.30-10.00 Con Frequencia - Spanish
- 10.00-10.30 Play Dx Music (repeat)
- 10.30-11.00 Crazy Wave Radio (2nd half) - German/English
- 11.00-12.00 Radio Marabu (only on 11.515 kHz) - German/English
- 12.00-13.00 Crazy Wave Radio (repeat) (only on 11.515 kHz)

Good listening to you all !!!
Steve

SHORT WAVE RELAY SERVICE
Broadcasting facilities for free radio
address  : Postfach 220342 - 42373 Wuppertal - Germany
e-mail   : swrs@xxxxxxx
home page: http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/7568
and mediumwave. Only one address to remember when you want to send out
your information to free radio DX-ers and operators. So sign up TODAY!
This is how you do it:
1. Create a new letter within your favourite e-mail handler
2. put the addresse to : listserv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
3. And in the body of the mail, write: subscribe srsnews-l Your name

Do remember, if your e-mail address is klaus.andersson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and
you put your name to Operator Franz or Radio Franz, everyone will see
that klaus andersson has something to do with Radio Franz, so if you
want to be anonymous, get a usa.net or hotmail account!
If you have further questions, let me know!

73´s and good DX!
Jonny @ SRS

p.s
Do you know whats green and is running around in the garden?

A spring onion!
   _____   ____   _____ SRS-World Wide Information
  / ___/  / __ \ / ___/ http://www.lls.se/jal/
  \__ \  / /_/ / \__ \  Address:SRS, Ostra Porten 29, 442 54
Ytterby,Sweden
 ___/ / / _, _/ ___/ /  e-mail: srs@xxxxxxxxx or jal@xxxxxx
/____/ /_/ |_| /____/   ICQ: 3011020

			**********************

FREE RADIO SERVICE HOLLAND:

Our site has move succesfully to our new address:

http://www.gironet.nl/home/freak55/home.htm

Sorry, I stated a *wrong* one, earlier...

Also the frsh@xxxxxx has changed in:

=========>     freak55@xxxxxxxxxx

Nice weekend,

Joop ter Zee
FRS-H ** The quality-one on SW **

E-mail:        FRSH@xxxxxxxxxx / or: / Peter.verbruggen@xxxxxx
Homepage FRSH: http://www.gironet.nl/home/freak55/home.htm
Post address:  FRS-H PO box 2727 6049ZG Herten / The Netherlands /

			************************

FCC RAIDS FM STATION:

*The FCC has shut down a CONNECTICUT pirate station for a third time.
Agents visited La Nueva Radio Musical's latest location, on
Saltonstall Avenue in New Haven, on Wednesday afternoon to pull the
plug on the unlicensed 104.5 MHz operation.

The station's operators tell the New Haven Register they hope to be
back on in a few days, and they say they're disappointed that
Congresswoman Rosa De Lauro hasn't been more responsive to the
petition they presented to her office at a rally last month.

Two Hartford-area pirates remain on the air undisturbed, meanwhile.
Praise 105.3 continues its gospel programming, which NERW first heard
on the air back in 1996, and a Spanish-language station on 97.1 is
still being widely heard as well.

More pirate news: we're hearing about a 1640 signal out of Dorchester
with Haitian music, and a new 89.3 in Chelmsford, "WMBG."

( via NERW 05/07/98 )

			**************************
TDP:

Welcome to this update about the "Transmitter Documentation Project".
When you are interested in shortwave transmitters in one way or another,
be sure to read on.

TDP SW-98 BOOK
If you want to know everything about all the shortwave broadcast
transmitters installed all over the world, be sure to order a copy of
the 5th edition of the TDP SW-98, the "Transmitter Documentation
Project". Ordering information, references, reviews and press releases
about the TDP SW-98 are available on our website.

SHORTWAVE RADIO STATIONS
All the websites of the radio stations that broadcast on shortwave are
listed in country order and divided in 5 sections : governmental,
religious, commercial, free/pirate and clandestine broadcasters.

SHORTWAVE TRANSMITTERS, ANTENNAS, TUBES
If you need to look up a manufacturer of shortwave transmitters,
antennas or tubes, check our pages that lead you directly to the
manufacturers websites.

SHORTWAVE AIRTIME, MARKETPLACE, MUSEUM
Offer and demand for airtime on shortwave transmitters can be found at
our airtime page. Offer and demand for second hand shortwave
transmitters on our marketplace page. Technical info with photos about
all the shortwave broadcast transmitters ever manufactured can be found
in our museum if they are no longer build today or in our marketplace if
it concerns new shortwave transmitters.

DIGITAL SHORTWAVE RADIO
We follow the latest developments regarding the upcoming digital age in
shortwave radio.

For more info on all of the above mentioned items, surf to
http://www.ping.be/tdp.

--
     TDP                          Tel : +32 (3) 314 78 00
     c/o Ludo Maes                Mob : +32 (477) 477 800

			*************************

			RFPI FREQUENCY ALERT!

During the next few days, RFPI will be testing 15050 (19 meters) using
our 30 kilowatt transmitter in the AM mode.  Planned hours of operation
during this testing phase are 1500-0000 UTC operating at about 15 kw.

 We fully expect propagation of this frequency will hold up long after
0000 but during this test only, we will discontinue the service at that
hour.  7385 (41 meters) will be activated at this time and operate until
0800 on all days except UT Sunday in which case the service will
continue until 1200.

When testing is completed, we expect to operate 15050 AM at 30kw from
1800-0300.

Additionaly , effective immediately, 21465 (13 meters) is moved to 21460
due to interfernence from HCJB in Equador.

Reception reports for all frequencies urgently solicited via e-mail
(rfpicr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) or via fax  011 (506) 249-1095.

73s

Joe Bernard
RFPI, Costa Rica

			**************************

PRESS  RELEASE FROM
        THE  DANISH SHORTWAVE  CLUB  INTERNATIONAL

        The new editions of the annual publications for DX-ers:

- the TROPICAL BANDS SURVEY (TBS)
edited in its 26th Edition by DSWCI Chairman Anker Petersen, and

- the CLANDESTINE STATIONS LIST (CSL)
edited in its 14th Edition as usual by Editor Finn Krone

will be available for sale from the DSWCI as of the 8th May, 1998.

The TBS and the CSL are sold by the
DSWCI, c/o Bent Nielsen,
Egekrogen 14,
DK 3500 Vaerloese,
DENMARK

for 50 DKK, 8 USD, 5 GBP, 13 DEM or 10 IRCs per issue with airmail
delivery.

15% discount is given, if a DX Club orders a total of 20 copies or more.

DSWCI Bank account is 3001 4001-528459 and
postal giro account 710-3409.

Cash notes are accepted.

Best 73's
Danish Shortwave Club International

Anker Petersen          anker.petersen@xxxxxxxxxx
Finn Krone              finn.krone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

			******************************

    N E X T   R A D I O  M A R A B U  B R O A D C A S T

Radio Marabu will be on the air from Saturday the 9th of May until
Sunday the  10th of May starting at 18.00 hours UTC on Saturday at 18.00
hours UTC.

                       FREQUENCY IS   6 2 1 0  kHz.

The programme line-up is as follows:

1st hour: "Tapedepartment Radioshow" with DJ Lord Litter
2nd hour: "No Pigeonholes Radioshow" with Don Campau from our "sister"
radio
        station KKUP from the States
3rd + 4th hour: "Misanthropy" Radioshow

All programmes are presented at the English language and will be
repeated on a four hour time slot.

Radio Marabu - P.O. Box 1166 - 49187 Belm - Germany
Tel.: 05406/899484 Fax: 05406/899485
E-mail: RadioMarabu@xxxxxxxxxxx
ULR: http://www.mediaDD.de/radiomarabu/

			************************

The fifth edition of the AUSTRALASIAN SHORTWAVE GUIDE  is now available.

It is hard-copy, 28 pages, A4 format, commercially printed and features:

** Comprehensive schedules for the Z98 transmission period for
broadcasts in English beamed to Australia, New Zealand, Oceania, the Far
East, Asia, and the Indian sub-continent, and in languages other than
English for Australia, New Zealand, and Oceania. Nearly 600 entries are
given, in alphabetical order of country, with target areas, broadcast
days, and relay sites. New frequencies introduced on 2 May are also
included!

** Time Index: an innovative, convenient listing hour-by-hour,
referenced to the main alphabetical data;

** DXing Papua New Guinea: an in-depth study of broadcasting in the
region, covering mediumwave, shortwave, and VHF-FM, with substantial
background information on the languages, history, culture, and geography
of the area. Current schedules are given. Learn about Radio Free
Bougainville, and the Yumi and Nau private VHF-FM networks!

** Digital Broadcasting - a Technological Revolution! A study of this
rapidly emerging technology, to impact on all forms of radio and TV
broadcasting. Read about Skywave 2000, the Voice of America/Jet
Propulsion Laboratory System, and the Deutsche Telekom Zentrum fur
Rundfunk and Audiovision system! Learn about digital broadcasting
developments worldwide, including the Japanese proposals, and the
Australian Government's conversion and simulcasting plans!

** Radio France Asie - the Voice of France in the Far East. Read about
the
former French Government SW broadcasting service which operated from
Saigon
until 1956. Learn about the development of SW broadcasting in Vietnam in
the decades since, and the present-day Radio France International relays
from China, Russia, and Japan on mediumwave and shortwave.

** Shortwave Propagation Almanac. Read about the development of Solar
Cycle 23 and how it may affect long-distance SW propagation!

** International Broadcasting News. Learn about the work of the High
Frequency Coordination Committees, (HFCC Europe and the Asia-Pacific
Broadcasting Union Committee), in management of SW frequency
assignments.
Read about All India Radio's external services, the increased usage of
the
75 metre band, and the Voice of America's "News Now" program format!

The new ASWG is available for A$10, postpaid in Australia. Outside of
Australia (economy airmail) A$12 (or US$7, or ten International Reply
Coupons).

Payment by cash (Australian or US dollars only), cheques drawn on
Australian banks in Australian dollars (personal, bank, Credit Union,
Building Society, GIRO, International), money order, postal order.
Cheques in non-Australian currency cannot be accepted. Payments to be
made for the credit of "Bob Padula" and should be sent to:

404 Mont Albert Road,
Surrey Hills,
Victoria 3127,
Ausrtralia.
Tel/FAX: +61 3 8908 2906
E-mail: bpadula@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web: <http://members.tripod.com/~bpadula/padulabooks.html>

Eary ordering is essential as there will not be a second printing of
this
new Guide! The next edition of the ASWG is planned for December 1998,
covering the W98 transmission season.

Copies will be sent for bon-fide review purposes on request. Sponsors
receive complimentary copies.

Thank you!

Bob Padula
Author and Publisher