[HCDX]: Re: 7 days before wedding

Well, I guess I'll hop into this discussion. Back in 1985, I did not
take a communications receiver on my honeymoon, just a little Sony
ICF- 7600D. However, our honeymoon was 6 1/2 months of vagabonding in
South America during which I or we (she didn't always come along)
visited around 60-70 radio stations. This included about two weeks in
some very remote areas of Cajamarca Department, Peru, far from the
nearest telephone, paved road, or other convenience, where the only
thing of any interest to a foreign traveler would be visiting the
radio stations (we were the first foreigners in Cutervo in about 20
years). After that, things could only get better, which I guess is
why she's still with me thirteen years later, ;-).

If you haven't already, check into my website for some articles from
the trip.

Don Moore   moore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www1.mcrest.edu/~moore/patepluma.html