[HCDX]: Re: [AmFmTvDx] June '98 WHAMLOG and WHAMFM files

john t mudd wrote:

> I was fooling around the other night,and found
> www5.jagunet.com/~kodis/station.html
> Called the Broadcast Station Locator.
>
> It seemed pretty neat, it was a search engine that uses the same
> FCC files but you can search online. It works for us that do not
> have copious hard drive space. It seemed pretty neat, you
> could search by frequency, call sign, lat/lon, city or state
> for AM FM and TV.
>
> Has anuone had anyt experience with this site?
> Is it accurate or comprehensive?
>
> Thanks for your input.
>
> de W0TLO
> JOHN
> On Tue, 30 Jun 1998 15:53:18 -0400 Werner Funkenhauser
> <funk@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> >I've just uploaded the latest  WHAMLOG files based on changes to the
> >FCC's databases during June '98. Mexican AM entries appear without a
> *****Big time snipage*************

John,

The URL is John Kodis' Broadcast Station Location Page. There are a
number of on-line search engines that have appeared during the past
several years, but John's was among the first, if not THE first.

John uses the same FCC files that I process to produce the WHAMLOG &
WHAMFM series of files. More information about his data sources can be
found at the following URL:

http://www5.jagunet.com/~kodis/shelp.html#data

There are links to other search engines and on-line lists on my page at :

 http://home.inforamp.net/~funk/page4.html

--
Regards,
Werner Funkenhauser